• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Value of wood/wicker cabinet?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidE

Reaction score
A friend is interested in buying just the cabinet (with reverb tank) from me. I have another cab I could put the amp and speaker in, so I'm considering it. It's just cosmetics afterall....

What would be the going rate on this?

Thanks!

MesaMaverick001.jpg

MesaMaverick002.jpg

MesaMaverickLeftTopSideBack.jpg

MesaMaverickRightSideBottomFront.jpg

MesaMaverickTop.jpg

What would be an easy way to ship it to Europe? I'm headed to England in March, but I can't drag it with me!

Koprofag said:
Shipping to Europe should be, what.. $100-150? Add to that up to 25% import tax and you get the total price. The import tax should be easily dodgable on a used shell though, especially if you're shipping to yourself and not some Ebay customer overseas. It might screw up the insurance if you value it lower than it actually is, though.
./quote]

I wouldn't be too sure on dodging the import VAT and taxes unless you were planning on moving permanently. In that case you would possibly have an "allowance" but otherwise it might prove difficult.

The standard VAT here is 17.5% and Import tax is variable but probably around 5%. Check our HM Customs & Excise for exact figures.

Don't forget, if you are liable, the taxes are on top of the declared value plus the shipping !

Sorry, miscommunication. I mentioned that I was going to England but that's just on vacation. Just saying I couldn't take the cabinet there in person and was wondering best how to ship it if I decided to go that way.

Latest posts

Back