Using Midi On the JP2C

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, that's what I was afraid of. It's not that big of a deal, really. Everything works the way I use it now. I was just wanting to experiment and see if scenes would be a better way of performing.

I will say that for myself using scenes really makes it easy. Once I have everything programmed, once on stage all i have to do is hit one button and everything is there. If you were considering upgrading for something like that I'd recommend the RJM. And honestly if you're not using the amp modeling, it may even be worth it to step down to the FX8

Ibanezex718 said:
I will say that for myself using scenes really makes it easy. Once I have everything programmed, once on stage all i have to do is hit one button and everything is there. If you were considering upgrading for something like that I'd recommend the RJM. And honestly if you're not using the amp modeling, it may even be worth it to step down to the FX8

I've thought about this as well. I like to use the Axe amp models at home, but really considering getting on the waiting list for the FX8.

The way I have my set up at home is use the cab clone built in the head to send the signal to my audio interface and then use my studio monitors to play it back to me. I do this so I don't wake the baby, or blow his ear drums out haha! If I want to mess with some amp modeling, I'll just plug my guitar in direct and use the modeling that comes with logic pro, and even though it's not as good as axe fx or ax8 it's enough for me to mess around with. Other than that I almost always plug into my JP2C and if nobody is home I'll play it through the cab, and if not through my studio monitors that way it's not blazing loud, but still get good tone from the amp and amazing fx from the FX8

So is it uncommon to wanna simply hook up this amp straight to a mac and use as an input device on your DAW? I mean you should get the perfect amp model running through this thing right? No pedals necessary, just the best amp ever made and whatever effects you need through your VSTs.... right? Is there even a way to do this? Because I can't find anyone talking about it. I sort of understand the cab clone deal, but you're still running through a much cheaper audio interface when doing that. I guess my question is, does this amplifier work as an audio interface for recording?

Latest posts

Back