Using Behringer DI for speaker load???

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

congalocke

Reaction score
Long story...want to hear my Boogie 20/20 and have a single 1X12. I was looking at my Behringer DI100 instructions say:

2.4 Tapping a signal from a power amplifier output

When no line out is available it is possible to connect an amplifier output directly to the DA100 (for example, recording direct from a guitar amplifier, TV-speaker, etc.) It is possible to connect the output, i.e. an extra speaker output, of up to 3000 Watts to the ULTRA-DI without fear of overloading. Pay attention to the two -20 dB buttons on the ULTRA-DI! Both must be depressed if an amplifier output is connected to the DI100 input.

Any reassuring words would be greatly appreciated before trying this manuever as I don't want to hurt the Boogie.

Getting rid of my 2:90 as I am old (back) and it weighs sooo much in my Boogie Shockmount that any litening (spe?) of the load will help for lugging it around.

Thanks in advance!
conga

No, you can't do that.
The behringer DI only taps the incoming signal as the manual says, it doesn't provide a load for it.
The input impedance for the tap must be several megohms to insure it affects the sound of the power amp as little as it can and thus doesn't present a suitable load to the power amp to work with.
Save your amp and yourself a headache and don't even try it, get a suitable load box or a cab instead.

Luijo,

Thanks for looking at my situation and responding. I will get my stereo speakers in a row and head out from there!

Thanks
conga

If you only have one speaker cabinet, you can run your 20/20 on just one channel. On the channel you are not using turn the volume all the way down and the pressence all the way up. The Mesa manual confirms this.
Ian

Back