Using a 2:90 In mono mode

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theaero

Reaction score
If I only want to use one of the sides, is there a safe way to do this? If I dont have a cab plugged into side B or something of that nature, wont it kill the transformers?

Is there a way to do a bridged connection or something of that nature?

How would I go about hooking my 2:90 up to a single cab?

If i remember correctly, you turn the level on the unused channel to zero, and turn the presence knob all the way up. Double check the manual to be safe.

I read the manual, and i saw something about that, but it didnt say to do that if you are only using one side.

For the 4OMHS jacks on the back, can i only use one on each side, or do i have to use both?

Could i plug my mesa cab into it (the mesa cab has 2x 4OMHS jacks)

RTFM man. Turn the Presence all the way up and the volume all the way down on the channel you're NOT using. Also, do NOT plug anything into the unused channels input. I've run my 2:90 mono like that for years with no probs. I switch sides now and then to even out the tube wear though.

Ah okay. I see where it says that now.

My question now is that the mesa cabs are stereo (2x OMHS) input. So the tubes wear at the same rate, is it possible to use that for each side? It has 4OMHS outputs, but do I have to use both at the same time or can i just use one 4omhs output from each side going into the same cab? The manual is kinda confusing in this subject.

thanks!

Must be pretty confusing indeed cause you lost me on that last part. If you cab has 2 x 8 Ohm or 2 x 4 Ohm inputs ( one left, one right ) then you can use each half of the power amp for each half of the cab.

Example:

2:Ninety
Output Channel
A Speaker out @ 4 Ohm Into Cab Left @ 4 Ohm
B Speaker out @ 4 Ohm Into Cab Right @ 4 Ohm

As long as the Ohm values are the same on each end of the cable you should be fine.

Okay cool. I just didnt know if you had to use both the 4omhs outputs on the back of the 2:90 at the same time in order for the load to be right.

Latest posts

Back