using a 1x15 with a MV?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zilla

Reaction score
I think i saw a picture here where someone was using a 2x12 recto with a 1x15 also.

Has anyone tried this? How does it sound? More bottom end?

I've tried running my V into an open back 1x15 with a vintage JBL D130. Channel one sounds great, but higher gain sounds on chnls 2 and 3 loose their impact. This probably has a lot to do with the cab being open back, causing the low end to get a bit floppy.

I'm running a Randall RS125 cab with my Mark V..., tons of bottom end and clear!!

It kicks a$$!!

Randall RS125:

- oversized / closed back
- 2 X 12" Celestion seventy 80's
- 1 X 15" Eminance Legend

I owned one of the 1x15 Thiele cabs for a while. Tried it with the V. It definitely added something. One gig I ran the combo, my 12" thiele, and the 15" thiele. It was pretty groovy. Ultimately I sold the cab to a bass playing friend of mine for more than I had in it.

That might have been me... with the 2x12 and 1x15 setup, as I do have this setup. The combination of the 1x15 EV open back on top of the 2x12 recto horizontal (I use a 2x12 vert, instead of the horizontal, if I have more stage space) cab is the perfect compliment to the Mark V. It's a really great "all around" set up that covers everything very well; not too boxy, very open, lots of mids... and with the Cel/EV blend, you get a little of everything. Highly reco'd if you can find one of those Mesa 1x15 cabs with the EV.

DSC01458.jpg

DSC00976.jpg

Latest posts

Back