Upgraded my MKV - tan grille

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where did you get the Boogie badge from (on the cab)?

Mork said:

I just made it myself:

cab35.jpg

cab36.jpg

I printed it off the web on glossy photo paper after touching it up with Photoshop, then I cut a piece of thick cardboard the size of the badge then glued them together. Good times.

i need to know what you your on and where to get it from!
cause that looks like good times!!

Jacko123 said:
Mork said:

I just made it myself:

I printed it off the web on glossy photo paper after touching it up with Photoshop, then I cut a piece of thick cardboard the size of the badge then glued them together. Good times.
Cool! Good job :)

Oldschool said:
Just wanted to show you the new look on my MKV head. I originally ordered it with this tan grille, but it came with the gold one, So I had Mesa send me the correct grille, plus a tan grille for one of my 2x12 Recto cabs.

MKV_Tan.jpg
How hard is it to change the grill? Is it just a matter of unscrewing the old one and putting the new one on, or does the piping present challenges?

Any hints about the cost?

mlockett said:
Oldschool said:
Just wanted to show you the new look on my MKV head. I originally ordered it with this tan grille, but it came with the gold one, So I had Mesa send me the correct grille, plus a tan grille for one of my 2x12 Recto cabs.

MKV_Tan.jpg
How hard is it to change the grill? Is it just a matter of unscrewing the old one and putting the new one on, or does the piping present challenges?

Any hints about the cost?

I don't know about the Cab, but I replaced the grill on my MKIIC+ and I think it cost something like $170. with shipping. I can imagine a cab would cost more, maybe not. I complained about how much it cost and the the customer service rep told me, I don't have to buy it. I wish I was handy like Jacko, I could have saved some money, but I wanted both heads to match. I even put a new Boogie plate on the MKIIC+ so the heads would match. I very happy with how things turned out albeit the cost.

I got mine with piping and I had to be real accurate with the measurements, because the original grill on the MKIIC+ did not have piping. Boogie wanted me to send the my amp head to them. I told them that would be ridiculous to add shipping to what they were already charging. They managed without the head, it did fit real snug though. Since the MKV comes with piping the grill should just pop right in. The already have a template at the factory.

Ouch! $170 is a lot of cash for a grille! I wonder if it costs more since the MKIIC+ isn't in production anymore?

mlockett said:
Ouch! $170 is a lot of cash for a grille! I wonder if it costs more since the MKIIC+ isn't in production anymore?

NO!!!! That's how much it cost me to customize the MKV as well. STEEEEEP!!

Eeeeeekkkkk. I'm sure the quality is great but that wold be a tough purchase to pull the trigger on. I can see not being worth Mesa's while to do it any cheaper, though.

I'm happy I have access to my dad's tools.

Jim Ed Love said:
mlockett said:

NO!!!! That's how much it cost me to customize the MKV as well. STEEEEEP!!

HA HA HA holy cow, was I wrong on the price of the Wicker Grill, here is what boogie said....

anything other than Wicker

Combo grill- $169
2x12 Vert Recto Cab $216

Wicker Grill
Combo-$216
2x12 Vert REcto Cab $269

Replacing the grille on the head only takes 5 minutes - the cab was a little trickier (the back is so tightly fit, that I first thought it was glued in :lol: )

kingdomheights777 said:
HA HA HA holy cow, was I wrong on the price of the Wicker Grill, here is what boogie said....

anything other than Wicker

Combo grill- $169
2x12 Vert Recto Cab $216

Wicker Grill
Combo-$216
2x12 Vert REcto Cab $269

Now I know why there are so many black MKV's around here.

Jacko123 said:
Hi gang, I did my own custom grille yesterday afternoon:

whitemesa1.jpg

whitemesa2.jpg
I wouldn't change the head anymore... I think I read earlier that you want to re-do the cab with the leather in place of the vinyl (which already looks great by the way), I think it matches better now with the white leather/black grill on the cab and black leather/white (leather) grill on the head. The black leather grill really stands out sitting on top of the white cab and the opposite colour grills and reverse matching is very cool. So my vote is .. already looks perfect leave it....

litesnsirens said:
Jacko123 said:
Hi gang, I did my own custom grille yesterday afternoon:

whitemesa1.jpg

whitemesa2.jpg
I wouldn't change the head anymore... I think I read earlier that you want to re-do the cab with the leather in place of the vinyl (which already looks great by the way), I think it matches better now with the white leather/black grill on the cab and black leather/white (leather) grill on the head. The black leather grill really stands out sitting on top of the white cab and the opposite colour grills and reverse matching is very cool. So my vote is .. already looks perfect leave it....

I agree - unbelievably cool !!!

Have you guys ever been to a fabric store? The options to cover your cab/sheel or create a custom grill are endless.

How about a Sponge Bob Square Pants cab with a plaid speaker grill?

Still have the gold grill? I might buy it, if you want to sell it.

PM me.

Heritage Softail said:
People do time for lesser offenses than Sponge Bob'n a Boogie... just sayin' 8)

LOL!
Hmm... then you probably won't like my amp stand for my Mark...
teletubbyMark.jpg

Latest posts

Back