Unreal Gibson Alex Lifeson ES-355

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
212Mavguy said:
For players that like Gibson guitars it is possible to get similar guitars made in the old Gibson factory in Kalamazoo by some of the old guys who built the Gibsons that made the company famous. They bought the plant because they did not want to move their families when Gibson sold to another company, http://www.heritageguitar.com the Heritage guitars have nicer woods and craftsmanship, and cost less to obtain new or used. I have two, a 555 select woods package/Seth Lovers and a Millennium 2000 limited edition ultra/Lindy Fralins. Both are amazing sounding and looking instruments. 3800 bucks will buy a superior guitar from Heritage when compared to same cost of a Gibson...

A long overdue HUGE thank you. I called the heritageguitar co. and I will be sending my gibson ES(AL)-355 to them.
They will refinish it also, taking care of the bleed through that comes through. They will also shape the "volute" area
to the way it should be. Like recent guitar with NO volute. Nice people, they are going to try to even keep the
custom shop and serial number untouched by not refinishing that area but blending it in. Since I have no aging on the
finish and I never use polish with silicone they actually think it should come out just fine. We will see, at this time where I live although we are having a warm streak, it was below zero for a few weeks so I probably won't send it out until april.
I would rather have it back when the weather is at least in the 50-60 degree area.
Thanks again Mav, I cannot believe I never even thought of calling them for a repair on a non heritage guitar, but they seem to be some great folks.
/Cheers

Have any of you seen the Lifeson gear vid? He actually talks up PRS while holding all his Gibsons

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUxkWM_qtyk

Latest posts

Back