• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

UhOh, Someone Realized their 1994 DR was a 1992

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnson

Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190138326279&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1

haha I hope so :lol: ! However, the price isn't that bad considering the prices for boogies in Austrailia are much higher than those in the US.

I agree, I don't think thats a bad price to pay for it in australia, considering that I heard that DR's over there go for around 2,000 or so. Also, 2750 aus is not equal to 2750 usd. So the amp probably wen't for more like 2300 USD, which again isn't bad for a PRE500 from austrailia. Plus its black on chrome, it doesn't get better than that! :lol:

visualrocker69 said:
HOLD ON. When did you sell your #29, why, for how much, is your other one better, and why was i not told about this? :-O

it was sold before I even hit the paypal button on ebay. I got it for my singer and he paid me back in installments.

I like the revD better anyways. darker, smoother sound.

I got it for my singer and he paid me back in installments.

Now THATS a true friend! :lol:

Are you Gassing for a pre500 Visualrocker?

Not exactly. I just sold all my old ****. I'm sitting here with a EBMM JP-6 and a POD XT Live on its way as a surrogate amp until I figure out what I want and buy it.

So tell me... exactly what should I do with about $3000 on the used market?

This is obligatory: TC Electronic G Major, Behringer FCB1010 midi controller, and a Dr. Z Air Brake attenuator.

So... cab... 1x12" Thiele with EVM12L or 2x12 Recto cab?

Amp... Triaxis with 2:90 or Mark IV short head?

Honestly, I don't think you could go wrong with either of those set ups. If you like rack gear, go with the triaxis set up, If you want an amp head, go with the Mark IV. I think you will get a similar range of (great) tones either way. I can also attest that 1x12 w/ an EVM12L will definately be able to keep up with a 2x12 without any problems.

visualrocker69 said:
Not exactly. I just sold all my old sh!t. I'm sitting here with a EBMM JP-6 and a POD XT Live on its way as a surrogate amp until I figure out what I want and buy it.

So tell me... exactly what should I do with about $3000 on the used market?

This is obligatory: TC Electronic G Major, Behringer FCB1010 midi controller, and a Dr. Z Air Brake attenuator.

So... cab... 1x12" Thiele with EVM12L or 2x12 Recto cab?

Amp... Triaxis with 2:90 or Mark IV short head?

generally, I think the consensus here is that you would be a lot better off with a quad and a 50/50 or Strategy 400 than a triaxis and a 2:90. personally I'd pick up 2 mark III's and use one for clean and crunch, and one for lead. but I like the III sound better than the IV's

Johnson said:
Honestly, I don't think you could go wrong with either of those set ups. If you like rack gear, go with the triaxis set up, If you want an amp head, go with the Mark IV. I think you will get a similar range of (great) tones either way. I can also attest that 1x12 w/ an EVM12L will definately be able to keep up with a 2x12 without any problems.

Meh, it's not as much of an issue with keeping up as just a difference in tone. I'm not sure which would be best for me.

Try em both out and see what floats your boat. Your the only one who will know what will work for you.

Latest posts

Back