uhh... is it just me or is this forum ....like, dead?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Define "dead". If you mean NOT populated by incendiary trolls talking for the sake of hearing themselves while infatuated with their over-blown sense of self-importance, raising hell for the hell of it, spewing opinion as fact, then it's dead. Those people don't last long here. If you mean full of people seeking thoughtful answers to serious questions, then it's far from dead. Frankly, I've yet to find a better board anywhere on any topic. Not that they don't exist...just that I haven't seen a better one. This is an example of what internet boards should be.

If you're looking for something specific, try using the search feature.

I think it's very much alive.
Thankfully it's not overwhelmed with useless drivel.

There are more real players here than any other amp forum I know of.

I'd see it as a good sign that many have figured out their gear and their questions have been answered.

mainly said:
tony777 said:
mainly said:
uhh... is it just me or is this forum ....like, dead? :? :? :? :?
Is it me, or did you ask a question?

No. It's not you , I did ask a question

And a big American question it is, my friend! I have personally enjoyed many times the cruising of these swinging websites looking for the satisfaction! Where are the foxes???

This is one of the better forums on the internet. I've rarely if ever seen stupid arguments. People are helpful and useless chatter seems to be kept to a minimum.

I have noticed that things seem to be more technically oriented. Lots of post like 'Help, my recto is shot'. Maybe its just me but it seems like there used to be more in depth conversation about tone rather than question and answers like the one above or, "How do I get tone like ______ " with someone else saying set your _____ to _____. That's great and all but seems like we're missing talk about what forms tone, harmonics, pre and post distortion, eq ing, technical stuff that influences tone, etc. I remember reading a thread (I think it was here) about the different frequency responses of different tone stacks and how that influences the signature tones of the amps in question. Maybe I'm wrong. Was this bored ever like that?

Like others have said . . .

I've already had so many of my questions answered here by the many excellent and knowledgeable people that frequent this forum. Yes, I agree, that this is one of the most well-behaved, well-mannered, information-rich forums of its type around.

I still cruise by once in a while to check out a fact or two about a Mark III green-stripe, or whatnot, but I have since acquired a total of three Mesa/Boogie amps since first joining this forum, and now I have little need to actually post. Quality, not quantity, seems to be the watchword on this site. Kudos to all the mods and contributors for doing such a great job!

Latest posts

Back