U.P.S. Damage Claim?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

afinato

Reaction score
I have a claim in with U.P.S. for some damage my Mark V Combo incurred while in their hands. Anyone have success in filing a claim? They already did an onsite inspection and yesterday I was advised that the "packaging was insufficient". It was shippped in the original Mesa packaging! :x

I'm in the process of disputing their decision. I was just hoping someone might have some pointers or tips in winning this dispute. :?

Thanks...

All I can say is that mesa doesn't **** their amps via UPS do they??? I think they probably ship them via a dedicated carrier. Much more controlled environment.

Good luck on your claim. My amp was shipped in much better packaging that mesa ships from the factory and still got damaged by ups.

I would dispute that to the highest possible management person. I had a guy from ebay ship a TR by UPS and when I got it all the tubes were broke and the tranny was hanging on by one bolt. I photographed all the packaging and UPS approved my claim. Now, the packaging was from some idiot who didn't give a crap. No bubblewrap. Hardly any styrofoam. I would think the Mesa packaging would be more than sufficient. Good luck!

You have to watch UPS... they completely destoryed one shipment and everything was covered after pictures were turned in; all was well. I've been fine when it has come to gear though.

I got my Roadster in the Mesa packaging and it was excellent.

Hope all goes well for you!

Thanks everyone thus far for the input and advice.... still in process with the claim and it's been approved. But I'm not gonna do my back flip until they give me the check. :?

I'll keep you posted...

I had a packages destroyed by fedex and usps. In both cases I my claims were honored. In the case of fedex, I believe an agent was assigned to the case. I either emailed that person or called him. It went smooth. The amp was carvin legacy 2x12 and it was the used carvin box.

Very little hassle, I just kept in contact with the claim guy.

Just got a package today that looked like it was run over by a bus a few times.

Not sure if you can see it, but most of the tape is ripped to the point where the flaps are practically opening by themselves. Also, the box had the stiffness of a blanket. Might as well have wrapped it in newspaper.

DSC02273.jpg

DSC02274.jpg

DSC02275.jpg

Thankfully the only stuff in the package was bedsheets.

Latest posts

Back