U.M.O. Identified

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ursinus

Reaction score
Went to the Sam Ash where Rabies saw this:

DSCN0992.jpg

DSCN0991.jpg

DSCN0994.jpg

Satellite Simul with EQ SN#ST 0686 With 2- STR454 in the middle sockets and 2- STR442 in the outer sockets. It has tweed power available. It has a pull boost in the volume knob, and a pull shift on the prescence knob. It looks like a great vintage satellite, but it does show some road damage. They want $849.99 for it!? :shock:

I told the sales guy, you might as well make it a Sam Ash display, because that is too high a price. He then proceeded to tell me that it was priced that high because it was from the 80's, to which I told him "baloney!!!!"

Anyway, there it is..... :D

Did you have to hold back the laughter when he said that?

I would have told him that they come as a combo and typically go for about $600 and that includes a speaker.

Thanks for the pic. I was getting ready to drive up to see if they had something really rare.

Russ said:
Did you have to hold back the laughter when he said that?

I would have told him that they come as a combo and typically go for about $600 and that includes a speaker.

Thanks for the pic. I was getting ready to drive up to see if they had something really rare.

The crazy thing is that the salesman who told me this is George Lynch's guitar tech! :shock:

I guess some will do whatever they have to to make a buck.......

Ask him about the Caswell modified amps then. If he is really Lynch's tech he will know about them. Though George couldn't bring himself to steal that amp from SIR he had Caswell mod him some just like it.

not to be a naysayer. but if this guy is george lynch's guitar tech, then why the heck is he working at sam ash for like 7 bucks an hour?

He might be working there for "the love of music"? Maybe it is because Lynch isn't always on tour? Maybe he is just talking out of his @$$.

thats the same power amp as a mk III with the mk IV A power tranny..that would make a good power amp..were i am thats a really good price..! lol

The guy is really George Lynch's tech. I've seen him over the years at GL's concerts working. The bummer is that he only gets paid when they are on tour, so in the meantime, he has to do something.....like try to get you to pay a ridiculous amount of money for a used Satellite! :shock:

Ash might be selling that at a high price but I wonder what type of beating (price wise) the guy took who sold it to them!
I had what I consider a bad dealing with Sam Ash back in 97.
At the time I was buying allot of gear way into the thousands for that year alone. Anyway I wanted to generate some quick cash for another piece of gear and decide to sell my caliber .22. Decided not to sell it privately but go to ash and do a trade in. Went to the store it was busy the amp needed to be tagged at the door, so while it was being written up I took a quick glance at the amps. There was another caliber .22 used sitting on the floor for $650 this one had some wear and tear and mine looked like it just came out of the box. So my line of though (and correct me if I’m wrong)they will say they already have one so maybe they will offer me $250-$300 (also keep in mind I had bought a Triaxes and 2:90 4 weeks before, cash)
I was offered $50 when I pointed out that I wanted to trade it in the offer was increased to 75-100; I was more shocked than anything else. Needless to say I left with the amp. In the past 10 years I have been in the store a few times mostly with friends that want to look at something and I know it may sound childish but I can’t bring myself to get anything from there it just left a bad taste in my mouth. I know staff has changed several times through the years but I just can’t do it.

George Lynch probably works at Sam Ash when he's not touring as well.

You must be referring to after he moved out to the desert and got all healthy.

rabies said:
Dasein said:
George Lynch probably works at Sam Ash when he's not touring as well.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

The drummer I played with in my last band always laughed whenever somebody mentioned George Lynch.

That dude looks too strong to be a musician. dork.

I played football for 8 years. I'm 6'2", 235, could bench 280 and squat 500. why can't I be both strong AND a musician?

heh, just being devil's advocate. though I think having a big dood such as myself running round on stage playing hard rock/metal is kinda heavy. :twisted:

I own that amp. I;ve had it for 5 yeasr now. Hit me up if you need to know anything about it.

Back