Two rock Vs mk IIC+

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shep

Reaction score
The Rep for two Rock came to my house the other day.I think wanting me to get into his amps. We sat around a tried out the 50watt signature v3 head into the sig 2x12 cab.
i sat and played as he mucked around with the amp for about a hour. It was great hearing one of these things( read a heap but never played one) as it sounded amazing! like Very VERY Good. couldn't fault it at all!!.
The cab sounded Unbelievable too, Huge Fat tone that sadly killed in the AB test the two mesa 1x12 theile/half back EV200watt cabs i had sitting right next too it.
I wanted to then AB the Two rock with my C+ but at first was alittle unsure due to how easy the cab had sounded better than the mesa ones. But the Rep was like "Yes Lets Do It, I will Show how good Two rock really is "

Anyway i plug the C+ into the Two rock cab and set it to clean and it sound Beautiful!!! so clean so Good the best clean i have ever heard. (the rep looks blankly at me ) i then turn the V1 gain up full and play abit more.
The sweetest overdrive tone ever!! just perfect. Then i say (lets try the lead channel) So i turn V1 down to 7 and lead drive too 3 and turn it up, The BEST Tone We had All Day. The Rep just looks at me So blankly and shakes his head.
I mean it was Night and Day difference. the Two rock sadly sounded gutless fizzy and weak compare to the C+. Not AT ALL Saying the Two was bad. it sound Very good but the C+ was a different class IMO and the Rep knew it.

I am So SO incredibly Lucky to have one of these Amps. They are like Nothing i have ever played before and for the time to come. Amazing!!

By the Way

The Two Rock 2x12 Sig Cab is the best cab And i am buying two in the next couple of months. hahaahha

So there you go.

Tom

cool story, but some clarification if you would,

"1x12 theile/half back" ?

Aren't all thiele cabs closed-back?

Awesome story! I didn't know Two-Rock was door-to-door selling their amps, thats pretty awesome. I bet he didn't expect to come toe to toe against a IIC+ though...

I wonder what the Two-Rock salesman reported back? Utter defeat or minor victory for a cab sale?

boogiemon said:
cool story, but some clarification if you would,

"1x12 theile/half back" ?

Aren't all thiele cabs closed-back?

I think he was saying that he had a 2x12 made of two individual cabs... a 1x12 thiele plus a 1x12 open back compact cab together making a 2x12 "halfback" cab

scott

It wasn't a ordinarily house call. He wants to get me into there amps/ record a heap of videos/sound clip for them to put on some web site (which we are doing next week end.)

It was the Rep for the whole of Australia.

The Mesa cabs i have are 1x12 thelie with a EV 200 in it , a 1 x12 half back with a EV 200 in it both in cream and from the same C+ era.

The Two rock cab was pretty awesome but. and i will be giging with one pretty dam soon.

Two different model two rocks. one was Eminence then it got re doped and a few other things changed in it, the other was custom built for them. the pair sounded so utterly Fantastic.

Tom

Wouldn't it be a ***** if that was his first day on the job? Going up against a Mark IIC+? Are you kidding me? :lol:

Career change, aisle 5!

Latest posts

Back