Two Mesas This Month!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ol4t

Reaction score
I went to my local shop to get a smaller combo for dragging around. Last month I got my ordered RKII combo and I love it, but it's somewhat overkill for practice and hauling around.
By the time I looked at a Deluxe Reverb, Hot Rod Deluxe, Blues Deluxe (and all the other "Deluxes"), I realized I would pay more for a cab that matched Mesas with a non "specialized for Fender Emminence"speaker. So that's how I ended up wth a 5:50 Express.
This amp is heavier than I wanted, but what an amp! I believe I could leave pedals at home and get the classic rock sounds I want. The second channel on burn with the contour on has the just right amount of gain and the first channel's clean is great. Practice amp?....I think perhaps I went overboard! :D

That's cool. I wish I could buy stuff that fast.

Congrats dude!

I would love to hear some clips of the 5:50 - especially something on the heavier side through a 4x12 cab.

Excellent!! Another Express joins the club! Glad to hear you're enjoying it! Mine now has 2 months on it and is finally getting broken in!

Cheers,

Richt

richt said:
Excellent!! Another Express joins the club! Glad to hear you're enjoying it! Mine now has 2 months on it and is finally getting broken in!

Cheers,

Richt

Clips people!! Where are the sound clips?!?

:D

If I had the ability to put clips on, I'd be afraid it'd ruin Mesa. :oops: :mrgreen:

This is the setting I am enjoying on mine right now.

Changed from the 8ohm to the 4ohm on the back

Channal-Burn
Gain-3 oclock
treble-11 oclock
Mid-11oclock
bass-9 0clock
reverb-10 oclock
contour-9 oclock

Then I roll off the tone on my guitar about half way! i am playing a ESP truckster with emgs :D

Guitarzan said:
GAS claims another!

I am fighting this now! I just picked up a Mark IV about 3weeks ago but i'm stilling gassing for a LSS...I blame it on Andy Timmons clip i saw on Youtube...*******!

lol :D

Sling Blade said:
This is the setting I am enjoying on mine right now.

Changed from the 8ohm to the 4ohm on the back

Channal-Burn
Gain-3 oclock
treble-11 oclock
Mid-11oclock
bass-9 0clock
reverb-10 oclock
contour-9 oclock

Then I roll off the tone on my guitar about half way! i am playing a ESP truckster with emgs :D
Haven't tried the 4 ohm jack. What does that do to your sound (I'm at work)?
I played all night long and at 5w with everything rolled down I didn't get screamed at once-success! :mrgreen:

Spirithunter said:
Guitarzan said:
GAS claims another!

I am fighting this now! I just picked up a Mark IV about 3weeks ago but i'm stilling gassing for a LSS...I blame it on Andy Timmons clip i saw on Youtube...*******!

I had a LSS, it was great (gas caused the RKII), but too heavy for me to be hauled regularly. The only need for a big amp haul for me is once a year, for a big reunion gig.
To add to your anguish, you ought to hear the two amps hooked up stereo to a chorus pedal!!

I had a LSS, it was great (gas caused the RKII), but too heavy for me to be hauled regularly. The only need for a big amp haul for me is once a year, for a big reunion gig.
To add to your anguish, you ought to hear the two amps hooked up stereo to a chorus pedal!!

That hurt!

:D

i played a 5:50 yesterday for the first time with a BFG les paul and i tell you what they were both way killer. i really thought clean/ crunch and burn all sounded real good on 5 watts as well. not to dis the f series, but the ability to change the contour is the best feature.

congrats and jam on it.

4 ohms gives you a more elastic mid scooped tone and the 8ohm gives you more punch and pop. This is what the manual says anyway. If you want more gain keep the volume down. If I want to play loud I kick it up to 50 watts and keep the volume somewhere between 9 and 10 oclock. I bough this amp early last month and it is taking me for ever to learn I have read the manual three times so far and learn something new everytime.

Spirithunter said:
Guitarzan said:
GAS claims another!

**** that Andy Timmons! :lol: I'll tell him you said so.

Guitarzan said:
Spirithunter said:
Guitarzan said:
GAS claims another!

**** that Andy Timmons! :lol: I'll tell him you said so.

lol :lol:

Back