Tweed setting on the LSC simply awesome

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pageburst

Reaction score
For a while I was going through a bunch of boutique amps because I felt the LSC wasn't quite as touch sensitve as some of the boutique pieces I played through. Now in tweed setting I get all the touch sensitivity I need.

I can through multiple tones just by pick/ finger attack. I was thinking of hooking up a Fuchs ODS 30 or a TW Jet but to be honest I've liked the LSC cleans more than the ODS30 and with a Zendrive on channel 2 of the LSC I can get that liquidy smooth gain

So I highly recommend LSC onwers really dig into the amps for a couple of days in tweed setting. The effect is subtle at first but the more you play the more you really feel the great touch sensitivity present in the amp.

Pageburst said:
For a while I was going through a bunch of boutique amps because I felt the LSC wasn't quite as touch sensitve as some of the boutique pieces I played through. Now in tweed setting I get all the touch sensitivity I need.

I can through multiple tones just by pick/ finger attack. I was thinking of hooking up a Fuchs ODS 30 or a TW Jet but to be honest I've liked the LSC cleans more than the ODS30 and with a Zendrive on channel 2 of the LSC I can get that liquidy smooth gain

So I highly recommend LSC onwers really dig into the amps for a couple of days in tweed setting. The effect is subtle at first but the more you play the more you really feel the great touch sensitivity present in the amp.

I don't own the LSC. I have the LSS......one thing I have found with any Mesa amp and especially the ones I have owned in the past is that you really do need to spend a lot of time dialing in tones to get what you want out of them.....BE PATIENT!!! Turning one knob just a little bit makes a big difference....the controls are very sensitive which to many shows how versatile Mesa amps really are......

Just my 2 cents!

Couldn't agree with both of you more. The tweed setting with rectifier engaged is wonderful on both channels. Even 1/64 of an inch turn on the LSC's controls make a difference in sound. I'm having more fun with the LSC than any amp I have ever owned. Another thing that I have noticed in comparing it with my other tube amps is that it is dead quiet and very easy to record with. It'll probably take me two or three months to find all of the sounds that it offers LOL.

cb101 said:
Couldn't agree with both of you more. The tweed setting with rectifier engaged is wonderful on both channels. Even 1/64 of an inch turn on the LSC's controls make a difference in sound. I'm having more fun with the LSC than any amp I have ever owned. Another thing that I have noticed in comparing it with my other tube amps is that it is dead quiet and very easy to record with. It'll probably take me two or three months to find all of the sounds that it offers LOL.

Agreed in all points. This amp has made a real geek out of me.

One thing about the Tweed setting that surprised me: I think someone mentioned this in a recent thread, but the difference is much more noticeable at higher volumes. I actually discovered this by accident, and kinda to my chagrin one night at a large venue -- my first show with my LSC, in fact -- on whose stage I had room to push the volume quite a bit. I'd been using the Tweed mode exclusively to that point, as I tend to like a nice dirty-clean and it definitely seemed to make a difference at apartment levels. But as I turned it up on that stage, it seemed like the difference in clip between the two channels almost disappeared -- the clean got really really driven. I clicked both channels to 100-watt mode, with no discernible difference. We had a quick soundcheck, and I ended up kinda bummed out about how my tone had changed. It didn't sound bad, just not the way I wanted it to sound.... the clean wasn't clean anymore. I started blaming the onstage AC, the lights, all kinds of crap.

I'd totally forgotten that I was in Tweed mode. Duh. :roll: But it was interesting how much the character changed when I turned it up.

Anyway, since then I've switched to using mostly full-power, at least for that band.

Totally agree, this is my favorite setting on my LSC, Although I do set it on the 100 watt for the clean channel. Sounds like the amp is an extension of my fingers when the volume is up a bit. Just wish the darn thing didn't weigh a ton. The price of tone! :)

Latest posts

Back