Tungsol V1 vs JJ V1 - Triple Rectifier 2 Channel Ref F

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yetti

Reaction score
I read so many Topics on What tubes to get for what. And Tungsol Seems to get its name thrown around alot...for putting in Rectifiers in Position V1.

Bout a week ago i found my Red Channel not ripping up the gain like it was the last time i had it on. I like to channel clone since Red Channel has such an awesome Organic Metal tone.
So i was like **** you Preamp tubes, and decided its time to test run a TungSol in V1. 10 Bucks well worth it for just one.

Came to Play my amp again while i waited for the Tube to come and lo and behold i forgot i switched off Channel Cloning LOL, Probably from when i was showing my girl friends dad how you play big boy amps, (Hes an acoustic guy).

New Tooobs day for me anyways! This tube has so much hype i figured id be worth it to fire up a Fast clip for you All.
And In the Spirit of Beavis And Butthead Comming Back to Tv How about their theme Songs, or at least my interpretation of their theme songs.

On to the gooey details:
Triple Recto 2 Channel Rev F
Custom Eclipse, Emgs
My Eq Set to My Personal settings For Dropped D.
G Major Just controlling Noise Suppression.

Recorded With 2 Tracks
Senhiser E 609 Left (Clean Stuff) Senhiser E609 Left (Brootals)
Audix I5 Right (Clean Stuff) Audix I5 E609 Right (Brootals)
All Panned Bout 50-70%

I have not listened to them side by side yet to determine a clear difference but i will after this is posted... but i can tell you that i did notice the Tungsol Sounded a bit more natrual in teh room and it had that feeling in the room that was awesome if any of you have experience this. Have yet to Play it more than an hour so expect more Clips coming!
Thanks Guys

Oh And i didnt change any settings so you can probably account for the toob to not be dialed in correctly potentially?

http://soundcloud.com/yetti/rectobutt - JJ V1
http://soundcloud.com/yetti/rectobutttung - Tung V1

Latest posts

Back