Tubes for the mark series

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys for the info. It seems that the RFT would most likely fit my application of thick heavy distortion right? Do any of you have experience with the RFT and what are your thoughts on them compared to other NOS tubes in this application? Thanks for the tubeking review. I was actually looking at his items earlier today.

Since this thread is originally about all tubes, I'll steer off from the NOS approach. :wink: Mark IIb - I tested a couple GT/Sovteks, a reissue Tung-Sol, and an Electro-Harmonix in V1. Of these, the EH easily won for strength, clarity and harmoncs. The TS gets rave reviews, but in this amp the EH was better, and a really excellent tube. I also have some old-stock 12AT7s and a funny-looking old-stock 12AU7 with huge plates just hanging around. Wondering if there is a useful place to try those without risking harm. I've read that 12AT7s run a really different plate current and so aren't appropriate in just any old 12AX7 slot. :?:

got some NOS RFTs on the way. Cant wait to try em out. What slot would you guys suggest putting them in? I won 2 of em.

Facelift said:
got some NOS RFTs on the way. Cant wait to try em out. What slot would you guys suggest putting them in? I won 2 of em.

V1 V2, V3 V4, also try one in the PI, and see where the make most improvment

But if you really wanna hear it sing , you need to get 3 RFT and 2 tungsrams in there,

Thanks for the info. Im still a tube noob and this is my first preamp tube change. From what I gather V1 affects the overall tone and V3 is for the lead channel? Considering I dont use the clean too much, Im mostly wanting the lead channel affected. Not that its bad because its not, I just want to hear it at its full potential.

JOEY B. said:
Facelift said:
Considering I dont use the clean too much, Im mostly wanting the lead channel affected.

How often do you use Rhythm 2 ?

actually Ive been fond of blending R2 with the lead channel lately. Surprising how thick the distortion actually gets.

Latest posts

Back