Tubes for my F-30

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheSandman

Reaction score
I picked up used F-30 and plan on putting some new tubes in it. I play mostly hard rock/heavy stuff so I want some tubes with some nice, chunky distortion, and some decent cleans. I was recommended to the JJ retube kit, I was looking at their high gain option, anyone run that? What other options do I have?

I'd say go ahead and buy one of the retube kits and then also order a pair of the 12AX7's that would have been in the other kit you are curious about and see which two you like best in V1 and V2. You can always keep the two you like the least as spares. The standard tubes sounded great to me but the high gain tubes were very tempting. I was just worried about added noise and microphonics with the high gain tubes.

Let us know what you think if you end up getting the high gain tubes...

thanks man, yea I'll probably order the tube kit next week sometime. I get paid this friday so we'll see how that goes.

Are there any other options?

I retubed mine with the standard set of JJs.
I play classic rock & blusey style. I absolutely love these tubes.

Hobo said:
I retubed mine with the standard set of JJs.
I play classic rock & blusey style. I absolutely love these tubes.

See I play a lot heavier stuff, so that's why I'm thinking that I may have to go with the high gain setup

Latest posts

Back