Tube Screamer into a Quad?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

His Emissary

Reaction score
Anybody done this?

I just got my Quad, love the tone and the only things I can imagine sweetening it any further would be a Keeley modded TS-808 and perhaps a Keeley Compressor.

Would be grateful for anyone's experience or advice.

I've try to boost the Quad with a 808, but the only pedal, among the pedals I have try, that boost in the right way the Quad is the RC Xotic Booster...trasparent and dynamic...

bye

ok i use a fulldrive2r and its great w/ the quad. others i like or use too are ts-808,klon,rangemaster clones. but really most times you dont need to overdrive the quad. try emg pickups or any hotter pickups too!! whatever works,right!

The RC booster sounds like good advice. I mean, you can use anything yo uwant but when you have great tone like you get out of a quad, why add a midrange messy pedal to it.

Aside from the RC Xotic, I would recommend checking out www.tonefreak.com He offers some pedals that are essentially based on classics like the tube screamers but his pedals like the abunai 1 and 2 stay tight and crisp. They don't fart out your sound.

Latest posts

Back