Tube Rectifier on a Triple Recto

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MesaENGR412

Reaction score
A couple days ago I flipped the toggle switch on the back of my amp from Silicon Diodes to Tube Rectifiers and while using my Ibanez RG with EMG HZ H-1's and I got some of the most Brutal Hard Rock/Metal Sounds out the orange channel. It was awesome. It sounded so huge, I think I might use this setting for our next gig, just to see what it'll sound like, I broke a string on the EMG-81 loaded guitar, so I can't wait to hear it with that setting. haha. Just Thought I'd share, I love finding awesome sounds on this amp, and there are soooo many to choose from.

-AJH

Honestly, I never use the diode setting on my rectifier at all, it loses so much girth and tone to my ears. I love it however on the stiletto for a nice tight clip. There really are hundreds of tones in these amps just waiting to be found at a moment's dumb luck of turning something a specific way :p

All of my favorite tones have been found just messing with stuff :lol:

I ran my Rectos on Diode for the longest time, only very briefly did I use it on the Tube on my old 3ch. I switched to Tube Rectos when I got my 2ch in July, but switched them back once, when I was jamming some tightish rhythm stuff at a rehearsal. For the next few weeks back at home, I could not figure why my lead tone wasn't as smooth or juicy as before...
So I switched to Spongy, and while it got me closer, it still wasn't right. Then I remembered I had switched the Rectifier over to Diode a few weeks previous. Flipped the Variac to Bold, and the rectifier to tube and it's stayed there since.

I love this setiing. Sounds huge, and leads just totally sing.

Elpelotero said:
Bold and Rectifier tube are my favorite settings. Thick as peanut butter and just as creamy!

Bold and rectifier are all I use with my DR, such a sweet thick grind on vintage 2nd channel! Leads as smooth as butter and very markish with an OD.

Elpelotero said:
Bold and Rectifier tube are my favorite settings. Thick as peanut butter and just as creamy!

Yep! And I echo the "very markish with an OD" comment too.

With my OD808 infont of it, my Recto sounds and just as importantly feels pure liquid on orange/vintage/bold/tube.

Back