Triple Recto Voodo modded, what´s with that?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mesaftw

Reaction score
Hello everyone!
I´m new to the forum, nice to meet ya all.
I´m curius, i have a Single Rectifier solo head and a Triple Rectifier.
Days ago i found something about voodo modded triple rectos, what´s with that? what´s the diference between a voodo modded one and a original triple rectol?

I have heard good and bad things about Voodoo, although they can customize any mods to your personal liking.

if I were to get anything moded, I would send mine to Jerry at FJA. I have heard nothing but good things about them.

Modding is such a crap shoot. Given what I know now, I would buy another amp rather than get it modded.

I talked to my buddy about this for hours, and honestly, you are better off taking a class on how to build amps so you can understand the impact of changing capacitors etc, this way if you can at least understand what the capacitors do or the circuit you cna better articulate the changes you are looking for.

To say I want X tone, is hard cause we all value different parts of the music / tone.

Trace is a stand up guy, but other than getting an effects loop modded I would not touch an amp unless I knew what EXACTLY I needed to improve in the circuit.

Further, you can do more with tubes and its impact, speaker cabinet and speaker cable as well.

Good luck.

Truth you guys are right, also the mood prices are ridiculous!
Although the Restructure the gain - remove the fizzy/fuzzy/buzzy qualities & increase the gain/distortion seems interesting, don´t know if it worth the price though.
Anyone here have a voodo moodded rectifier?

Had one for a little.

Sounded great...chugged much easier and at lower volume.

Personally though, I prefer a stock rectifier with an overdrive boosting the front. Gets me in the same territory, yet it sounds bigger and retains the rectifier flavor, ESPECIALLY at stage volume.

It's a great mod....really makes getting a fluidy crunchy and chugging metal tone much easier...BUT, it does take away a bit from what makes the recto a recto.

Latest posts

Back