Triple Recto: get a volume boost without using SOLO

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DS-1

Reaction score
Hi guys! I have a 2006 Triple Recto. I use it thru a Mesa 2x12 and I have a large pedalboard that is connected to input (for od, fuzz, wah) and send\return, too (modulation effects). The loop is MODDED. I had several problems to get my sound in these ages, and I've always thinked that probably this head was not the right choice for me: the head sounded too "closed" for me, it couldn't cut the mix well for my tastes. One funny day, I thinked to use the head WITHOUT using the loop, just to try. Well, it sounded like heaven: a big, full, heavy sound with balls, that cut the mix better than ever. So I thinked that the problem could be the enourmous number of pedals I used. Then I discovered, after doing different connections, that the problem was the loop. Infact, with the loop engaged, the head loosed balls and some frequencies that helps it to cut the mix. So I tried to use all the pedals in front of the amp and it sounds fine (obviously there is a bit loss of signal, but not that much). So I have 2 questions for you:

1 - is it possible that my head has a "eat-sound" crappy loop due to the fact that it was modded? I'm intersted to discover this, because I think that some pedals sound way better in the loop (i.e. Polychorus).

2 - without using the loop, I can't use anymore the SOLO function, that I used a lot. Is there any chance to have an increase of volume for my solo sections without using any pedals in the crappy loop?

Thanks in advance for the replies!!!

I just recently bought a Triple Rectifier Solo 2005 model and I have yet to find a true clean sound on this amp. Like you, I had no choice but to turn up the gain knob. I do not crank the master volume knob on this amp like I'm used to doing on other amps however I still found that there was a drop in volume when I clicked over to the clean (1). I had no choice but to turn up the gain knob but then I noticed that by doing so the channel wasn't all that clean. Not clean like I understand clean should be. There was a slight overdrive and I just chalked it up to being the nature of the beast. Despite this, I still love the amp, I just wish the clean channel was cleaner. Below are my settings in O'Clock terms.
Channel 1 - Presence: 12 Master: 2 Gain: 11 Bass: 11 Mid: 7 Treble: 12
Channel 2 - Presence: 7 Master: 1 Gain: 12 Bass: 2 Mid: 2 Treble; 12
Channel 3 - Presence: 7 Master: 11 Gain:2 Bass: 3 Mid 8 Treble 12

I play through a Marshall JCM 1960A Slant Cab loaded with G12-75's
My main guitars I use for my gigs are both Schecters. I have a Hellraiser with EMG 81/85's and a C Plus with Duncan JB's on the Bridge and Duncan Custom's on the neck position.
My Pedals are a Boss DD-3, An original Ibanez Tube Screamer, MXR Phase 90, MXR Flanger-117R, Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus, Dunlop Cry Baby Wah 535Q.

Are you using the loop on the head? I had the "gain" problem when I had the loop on. Now that I switched it off, the clean channel isn't cranked anymore, and It sounds really clean.

put an EQ in the loop, it can be used to shape the sound, boost the signal to make up for losses, or be used as a very effective solo boost. fish n chips, $30, what do you have to lose?

Commander Coo1 said:
put an EQ in the loop, it can be used to shape the sound, boost the signal to make up for losses, or be used as a very effective solo boost. fish n chips, $30, what do you have to lose?

What brand do you think could works?

Back