Triple Rectifier HELP!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ollievk

Reaction score
What's up guys!? I'm in the UK and I've got a triple rectifier from the States. I've got a 1000W transformer which is more then enough power for the amp, even at full capacity. BUT the amp is not even turning on, no power , no lights, nothing!
I've literally been waiting 2 months to use the amp and when I get the chance it doesn't turn on. I've tried all the obvious, change the fuse, change the mains lead etc. Any suggestions at all??

Thanks

Ollie

Pull the rectifier tubes out, set the switch to Silicon Diode, change the fuse and try again. A bad rectifier tube will pop the fuse almost instantly. Amp will run fine without the 5U4s in place until you can get replacements.

Thanks for the suggestion man, it didn't seem to help though. I think it must be the amps tranformer or something, it's really pissing me off!!

Hi mate, the best guy to help you out would be "jvk" ,amp guru extrodinnaire i'm sure he lives in your neck of the woods in the UK too
PM him with your problem ,he's the man!

Back