Triple Rect. tone clip

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sounds really good.

Whats was your setup/equipment?

Sure SM57 Mic just off center from the cone of the speaker into a A little Eurorack UB2442FX mixer into my Firebox sound card.... I use a PRS single cut right into my triple rect. head and mesa oversize 4X12 cab.

Very nice! I really like it!

May I ask on the channel/mode being used and what your settings are?

i used the orange channel set to BOLD, Vacuum, Vintage,
Presence Master and mid all set to about 11 o'clock
Bass full
Treble about 1 o'clock and
gain about 1:30

Output around 9 o'clock

thick! i like very much your tone. I love that dirty but in the same time juicy sound!

That's really good man, I dig that tone! Sounds good, i'm looking into getting a rig like that too. How do you like the Behringer? Good Stuff!

-AJH

Actually Its a great board for the price. Although one day I would love to have a million dollar studio with the works... lol.

sounds thick and nice! i used silicone diods when i had a triple recto. sounded thighter. but as we all know, mesa sounds best at high volumes.

Man, I've been listening to your clip over and over agan and that is definately one of the best tones I've ever heard! Those riffs are so sick too. I've been debating whether or not to get a Mark IV or some sort of rectifier (most likely a Roadster), and I am really leaning towards the Roadster. From variuos clips that I've heard of both amps, it just seems that the rectifier is much thicker and warmer, while the Mark series seems kinda cold and sterile to my ears. I don'y really play super fast riffs all that much anway, so I don't really think the Mark IV would be for me. How well does the rectifier handle faster stuff? I've heard Buckethead doing plenty of fast stuff with his LP and triple rectifier and it sounds pretty awesome to me. What's your opinion on that? Anyway, again that's such an awesome tone.

if you want some fast riffs on a recto, you need the old coke bottle tubes (5u4g) or the JJ GZ's. the stock tubes have a lot of sag and kill the sound.

Alright, thanks. Like I said, I don't do too much super fast riffing, so I may or may not look into that, but that a lot for the info.

I think reguardless you will be happy with the JJ GZ's just to get rid of the sag. You can notice it other than just in the fast riffing, well worth the money. Haven't tried the old coke bottle's but heard great things about them as well.

Latest posts

Back