Triple Rec voted best Metal Amp

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bendo

Reaction score
http://beta.musicradar.com/tuition/guitars/12-best-amps-for-heavy-metal-222150/13

Not much of a write up, just pointing out what most of us already know.

I don't think one can honestly say this amp is the best for Metal. BUT, it is an icon and the plumb line by which all modern high gain tones are measured. These things started several styles of music!

I do agree that the Rectifier Solo heads are probably one of the most recognized amp in metal history!
And one of the best sounding too!

Word is he developed part of the SLO circuit from the Mark circuit, thus considers it a fair turn about.

Bogner on the other hand seems to have a real dislike for anything Mesa.

Funny because Bogner designed the uber off an old two channel recto.

screamingdaisy said:
Word is he developed part of the SLO circuit from the Mark circuit, thus considers it a fair turn about.

Bogner on the other hand seems to have a real dislike for anything Mesa.

screamingdaisy said:
Even though I'm a Recto fan I don't put a lot of faith in any system where popularity with the masses determines what is "best".

Definitely... I played a Laney Ironheart combo and I don't know if it was the speaker or the guitar I used, but it sounded like nails-on-chalk harsh, no balls garbage. And it's in 2nd place. Noooo thank you.

And the fact that there's no Mesa Mark is quite disturbing as well.

BTW, wasn't the SLO a gruesomely modified 2203 circuit?

Back