Tried a Stiletto Deuce yesterday...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

I can't believe how great they sound! I played for a little while through a Rectifier cab on the fluid drive setting, and I'm blown away! I had it right next to a Marshall JVM410h, and there's just no comparison. Anyway, just wanted to put that out there. Do a lot of people like the Stiletto better than the Marshalls that it rivals?

Now to make some money....

i own several boogies and several marshalls

i use each for totally different things

obviously, they sound different

i have never been satisfied with just a boogie or just a marshall

otter

I second the motion, I love my stiletto, but it will never do my JCM800 sound, close but just not exactly marshall.

But the stiletto series are great for doing that hot rodded marshall sound and alot more reliable.

otter5555 said:
i own several boogies and several marshalls

i use each for totally different things

obviously, they sound different

i have never been satisfied with just a boogie or just a marshall

otter

i love my stiletto ace. If anything, it probably has too much gain built in for classic rock, so I just run it low. It's close to me to a dsl 50 but Mesa Boogie is built like a tank, and I feel much more secure using it. It's blows away most other Marshalls IMO, and yeah, it's like a hot rodded Marshall.

I really really like my Stiletto Deuce. I preferred it over the Marshall JVM for sound and build quality. JVM is nice with the 4 channels and the switching options but the Stilettos power amp options blow the JVM stuck in SS land Diode rectifiers away. I love the way you can change the feel of the Stiletto power section. The Stilettos are like a Harley with the leather and chrome... The Deuce with the Gator embossed leather has this really cool smell LOL Seriously it smells really classy. I'm nuts... I grew up with the 50/60's Fender amp smell and I love that too... I can smell a vintage Fender from 50 feet, within 5 seconds of it being turned on! :) anyway, the Stiletto to me has the Marshall (Hazy/Wooly quality to it... especially in the Tite Gain mode) but it also has the Fender bounce that Marshalls don't/can't do.

Back