Triaxis Setup Help & Q's

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigMesa

Reaction score
Ok I am a complete triaxis newb but after doing a lot of research on tones and what not I've decided to kick my Dual Recto to the curb and get a Triaxis and a Simul-Class 2:90. But before I do that I have some questions I need answered and was hoping you guys would help me out.

First Question: Am I right in thinking that I can store a Triaxis amp setting to my midi bank #1 as well as set my rack fx for bank #1 and when I switch to that bank the amp and the rack fx will switch at the same time? Thus allowing me to have up to 90 presets on the triaxis that I can use simultaneously with the rack fx?

Second Question: If I bought the Triaxis and 2:90, what else would I need to make it able for my midi controller to switch the amp and fx at the same time? My fx is the Rocktron Xpression and it is not capable of switching like the G-Major is but I don't like the G-Major so I need to buy something that switches lol.

Third Question: I use a Rocktron Midimate controller, is this fully capable of doing what I need with the Triaxis or is there something else recommended?

Fourth Question: Is there a certain version I should want more than others? I am hoping to squeeze some Mark IV settings out of this baby.

Thanks alot.

First of all: Congratulations on getting one of the finest Preamps available on the market. A good decision!

A1) When set Triaxis preamp and FX-unit to the same midi-channel (there is 16) of course both units will react on the presses of your midi-footcontroller. The footcontroller have to be set to the same midichannel. The wiring would be like this: footcontroller midi out -> triaxis midi in. And a 2nd cable from Triaxis midi-through -> FX-Unit midi-in. And thats it.

A2) The modes on the 2:90 are switched by relais latches. You can use normal tip-to-ground footswitches but since youre doing a midisetup you would like to do it midi somehow. For that the Triaxis has 4 switch outputs of wich you can use 3 to control the modes of the 2:90. (2:90 only has 3 modes, so you have one switch output free for other purposes on the triaxis) The status of the switches can be programmed on the frontplate of the triaxis and stored to the preset. Whenever you recall the preset the switches are recalled as well. Supereasy.

A3) The Rocktron is a little overrated. Its a nice controller but its not top notch. It is very weak built, the footstomp goes through to the printed cirbuit board with its full force. There is no 'protection switches' like for example the Lexicon MPX R1 controller has. No matter how strong your foorpress on the button is, only a certain small amount of force will be let through to the switch on the pcb, the rest is blocked. However, the Midimate is good to control your setup. However it lacks a expression pedal which you need to control the Version 2.0 Triaxis realtime parameters. So, once you have an expression pedal and your Triaxis is programmed right you can control parameters like gain, volume, or any other while playing your intrument, a very nice feature.

A4) Mark IV sounds is present in all versions of the Triaxis. Just the rectifiersound is not in all units. When you go to buy an used triaxis ask seller for the serial number. It should be above 1500 and below 7200 (these are my estimates! dont hold me responsible for that pls) and you get a triaxis with the rectifier board. If you go and buy a new one in the store you will have no rectifiersound since Boogie has canceled the board.

Ok, hope that helps! Keep on rockin' dude!

I just got the TA and 2:90 and have been more then pleased. Especially with the Mark IV III and IIc+ tones.

I use this method. TA into G-Force into 2:90 and the DMC Ground Control pro to controll all of it. The channels on my GC pro have my TA presets correspond with my FX presets liek preset if I press 14 on my GC pro it changes TA to 14 and G-Force to 14. The switches on the 2:90 as said above connect to the TA. You just choose your tone, choose which switch you want on...say deep and Modern on the TA and save it and it will save it to your pedal board with the FX settings also.

I would NOT use the FX loop. The best to have no tone loss IMO is to run it all serial so TA outs to Inputs of FX unit, out puts of FX unit into inputs of 2:90. Much cleaner tone and no need to the FX loop.

Here is a vid of my connections:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbmRosqCIu4

Hope this helps also.

Latest posts

Back