Triaxis Settings?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spoons

Reaction score
I'm new to the Triaxis world, just got mine a few weeks ago. Can some of you post some of your ROCK tones you have developed for a guitar with two humbuckers. Primarily looking for a Crunch, Drive and a Lead. I've got a Clean that works pretty decently when sent direct to a mixer via the record outs, still looking for my "perfect" amp and speaker(s).

RHY-Yellow
Drive = 1.0
Treble 6.0
Middle = 6.0
Bass = 6.0
Master = 10
Presence = 7.5
Dynamic Voice = 3.5
Two Humbuckers = Both On

My favorite Recto setting i used for years (good for metal rhythms):

LD1 Red
Gain = 6.0
Treble 8.0
Middle = 6.0
Bass = 8.0
Drive = 8.0
Master = 3.0 - 5.0
Presence = 5.5
Dynamic Voice = 0.0
With Deep + Modern on the 2:90

I have a couple of LD 1 Green settings that I like....

Gain - 6.5
treble 6
Mid - 6.5
Bass -1
Ld 1 Gain -7 or 7.5
Presence - 3.5 / 7.5
DV - 1

I have a Ld. 2 green channel that I use once in a while.. I have that set for a little more gain...for some of the heavier songs.....

but if you just got your Tri.........plan on spending lots of hours tweaking.......there are just so many combinations of great tone in that little 1sp rack pre amp.....

by the way....what are you running for a power amp and speaker cabs....

I run mine through a Mesa 20/20 ( I also have a 50/50 )...but I like the 20/20

anyway many happy hours of Total Tone Enjoyment and Welcome to the Wonderful world of Mesa Boogie....... I have used Mesa since the early 90's and nothing else will do!!

George

go check out this link...it has some great info on the triaxis as well as some really great preset settings......it also has a Download for the Triaxis Preset Editor which is a great tool....

http://www.tonymckenzie.com/triaxis.htm

guitarman52 said:
....what are you running for a power amp and speaker cabs...

George,
I haven't made the final decision on the power amp or speaker cabinet(s) yet. The choices in the lineup right now are:

Power Amps
Mesa 20/20
Mesa 2:50
Carvin TS100 (Used in Steve Vai Tour Rig, 2007 Sound Theories Tour)

Cabinets
(2) Mesa Rectifier 1 X 12 Cabinet
(2) Carvin 112E 1 X 12 Extension Cabinet
(1) 2 X 12 Rectifier Horizontal Guitar Cabinet (Wired For Stereo)
(1) Carvin C212E Legacy Extension Cabinet 2 X 12 (Wired For Stereo)

Spoons said:
guitarman52 said:
....what are you running for a power amp and speaker cabs...

George,
I haven't made the final decision on the power amp or speaker cabinet(s) yet. The choices in the lineup right now are:

Power Amps
Mesa 20/20
Mesa 2:50
Carvin TS100 (Used in Steve Vai Tour Rig, 2007 Sound Theories Tour)

Cabinets
(2) Mesa Rectifier 1 X 12 Cabinet
(2) Carvin 112E 1 X 12 Extension Cabinet
(1) 2 X 12 Rectifier Horizontal Guitar Cabinet (Wired For Stereo)
(1) Carvin C212E Legacy Extension Cabinet 2 X 12 (Wired For Stereo)
I have a Triaxis, 50/50 amp thru a Legacy 4x12 setup. The Legacy has the vintage 30s in it and is great value for money. It is very warm sounding however. With preamp and presence controls dialed high, its still too warm for my liking. It definitely makes a good lead sound cab as opposed to an all around.

If u have the chance to go boogie all the way, do it. just my thoughts.

cliffdove said:
I have a Triaxis, 50/50 amp thru a Legacy 4x12 setup. The Legacy has the vintage 30s in it and is great value for money. It is very warm sounding however. With preamp and presence controls dialed high, its still too warm for my liking. It definitely makes a good lead sound cab as opposed to an all around.

If u have the chance to go boogie all the way, do it. just my thoughts.

I understand the go Boogie all the way idea, but there is a HUGE difference in the overall cost! It will literally take twice as long to get everything if I were to go all Boogie. I know it would sound really good when I'm done but I think the other choices would sound really good too.

As for the speaker, thanks a LOT for the information on the Legacy cabinet; I'm guessing with me looking at the Legacy 2 X 12 instead of the 4 X 12 it will probably brighten up some.

If you don't mind my asking, which tubes do you use in your 50/50; 6L6's or EL84's?

Spoons said:
If you don't mind my asking, which tubes do you use in your 50/50; 6L6's or EL84's?

The 50/50 is a stereo power amp that runs on 6L6s. With only one cabinet hooked up, you find yourself using only one channel of the power amp while the other is left idle at 0.

cliffdove said:
Spoons said:
The 50/50 is a stereo power amp that runs on 6L6s. With only one cabinet hooked up, you find yourself using only one channel of the power amp while the other is left idle at 0.

Yep, I knew that.

The 50/50 comes stock with 6L6's but you can switch them to EL34's (See Bias Switch On Back). I was just wondering if you had tried to switch the tubes to EL34's to see if you can take a little of that "warmness" feeling away.

Spoons said:
cliffdove said:
Spoons said:

Yep, I knew that.

The 50/50 comes stock with 6L6's but you can switch them to EL34's (See Bias Switch On Back). I was just wondering if you had tried to switch the tubes to EL34's to see if you can take a little of that "warmness" feeling away.

You're talking about the 2:50 power amp. The old 50/50 are 6L6's throughout, no bias switch, no EL34 swaps.

cliffdove said:
You're talking about the 2:50 power amp. The old 50/50 are 6L6's throughout, no bias switch, no EL34 swaps.

I didn't know there was a difference, I'm kinda new to Mesa, Oh well...

Back