triaxis record

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

consapevolezza

Reaction score
Hi friends.. ;) I'm new of this forum..!
I've a problem with my triaxis. The upper of the "record" line out does not work..I can use only the down one,because the upper one doesn't make me listen any sound..only silence...
Anyone can say me because of what this happens..? :evil:

Teo.

p.s. (sorry for this bad english :p )

Do you have a continuity meter or ohmmeter? If you open the Triaxis, you can follow the wire from each REC OUT to the printed circuit board (PCB). Each metal trace where the wire connects to the PCB goes to an opamp (operational amplifier, an integrated circuit) and a couple of resistors.

Inspect the wire going from the board to the REC OUT. If it looks OK, check the continuity with the meter. You may just have a broken wire or bad solder joint at the board end or the REC OUT jack end, or just a bad jack. Check the grounds at the jack also. You can also check the resistance of the resistors at the output of the opamp, but they are probably OK unless in visibly abused condition.

It is also possible although unlikely that you have a bad opamp. The bad news is that you cannot diagnose this opamp very easily with the meter alone, and probably should not even try, as this can damage the opamp. The good news is that the opamp costs less than a buck. Replacing it, however, is a nuisance, and will test your skill with a soldering iron. Do you have any good techs in your area?

The temporary solution is to just record in mono, pan the fader to stereo, or use a miked cabinet for the other channel.

Best of luck.

consapevolezza said:
Hi friends.. ;) I'm new of this forum..!
I've a problem with my triaxis. The upper of the "record" line out does not work..I can use only the down one,because the upper one doesn't make me listen any sound..only silence...
Anyone can say me because of what this happens..? :evil:

Teo.

p.s. (sorry for this bad english :p )

If you're using the FX Loop you'll need to run the R and L outs of the effects into the R and L FX Returns on the Triaxis. If your effects only have mono out then you'll need a splitter cable, or just run 1 side of the Rec Outs.

If you're not using the FX Loop then I don't know what could be wrong.

Latest posts

Back