Triaxis Modeling

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ivsaken

Reaction score
I would like the versatility but reading the web site the amps like the Mark IV and IIC+ looks like the lead channels are modeled. What are considered the amps the Rhythm is set up for?

they arent really "modelled" to say. they are based on those sounds. and you can check out the manual on the mesa site that tells u what all the modes are

The Triaxis isn't a POD but more of a means to capture boogie's classic tones in one box. My TA sounds great but I still feel the need to own a regular Mark amp (Mark IV to be specific) because of the fact that the TA is limited in it's programability, especially for the dynamic voice, but I have been able to get nearly any tone I've wanted out of mine.

The great thing about the TA is there aren't any Lead or Rhythm channels until you program them to have that type of tone.

Rayder is right on target:read the manual posted on boogie's site to give you their view on the TA and it's channels.

Greg

I think I might have worded that a little wrong. When you read the tones the triaxis has, it says for example

Lead 2 Yellow
Classic Boogie Lead (Mark IIC+/Mark IV)

Are they modeling these amps lead cahnnels only or their Rhythm section as well?

As the others have already said they aren't modeled they are are recreated with real tube circuits. Here are the eight basic voices:

Eight Preamp Modes

1. Rhythm Green
Vintage Fat Rhythm (Mark I, Black-face)

2. Rhythm Yellow
Modern hyper-clean Rhythm (Mark IV)

3. Lead 1 Green
Vintage Mark I Lead

4. Lead 1 Yellow
Mark 1 Gain Boost

5. Lead 1 Red
Classic Boogie Lead

6. Lead 2 Green
Medium Gain Boogie Lead

7. Lead 2 Yellow
Classic Boogie Lead (Mark IIC+/Mark IV)

8. Lead 2 Red
Searing Boogie Lead

Yes but are those "lead" voices built after the lead chanel of those amps (IIC+ IV) for their lead and not rhythm

ivsaken said:
Yes but are those "lead" voices built after the lead chanel of those amps (IIC+ IV) for their lead and not rhythm

Let me try to translate what you are asking for .

Do you want to know if the lead modes on triaxis are based on rhythm or lead tones of the amps ?
is that right ?

Can someone explain to him .

TRIAXIS LEAD MODES ARE BASED ON RHYTHM OR LEAD TONES OF THE AMPS ?

thanks

BTW I really love my triaxis :oops:

Yeah I just sold my Dul Rec to get a Triaxis + 2:90. Im just trying to understand everything cause there are no music stores to go try the things out.

Keep in mind that it doesn't matter if it is based on rhythm or lead, what matters is TRIAXIS is awsome :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
If you buy the one on petrucci's forum you'll be happy for life :wink:

ivsaken said:
The preamp mode names answer your question, it can't be explained any simpler or clearer then that.

I understand that, but it is making me wonder why it is so popular. If the amps that are hot (MArk IV and IIC+) are only the lead section on the Triaxis why is it so popular? Doesn't seem to be much in there for good Rhythm.

ivsaken said:
I understand that, but it is making me wonder why it is so popular. If the amps that are hot (MArk IV and IIC+) are only the lead section on the Triaxis why is it so popular? Doesn't seem to be much in there for good Rhythm.

OMG dude in triaxis LEAD is just a name it doesn't mean that all sounds there are leads.
There are CLEANS and LEADS , LEADS = everything wich is not CLEAN !!!
It could be DRIVE, it doesn't matter !

RHY = clean tones

LEAD = distortion tones, could be rhythm or lead !!

Got it now ? :evil:

Oh, that's what I was trying to figure out....sorry for being stupid :oops:

man I almost kill you :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

CLEAN = you have 2 types of clean sound.

LEAD = you have 6 types of DISTORTION sounds.Rhythm and leads.

CLEAN + LEADS = 8 types of sound.

If you use 2.90,with its modes you can get even more tones :wink:

well thats not exactly true. on LD2 yellow if you put the gain and drive right down you can get a clean sound. the lead channels are basically based on the distortion channel of their respective amps

Not only in ld 2 yellow. All 8 modes could be clear or not. A rhy green or yellow with the gain crancked up became slightly distorted. Best for bluesy tone IMO. All the leads are sensitive to gain and ld drive parameters....so, you can use a lead mode with low gain/drive and with an expr pedal increase gradually the values for a hi gain sounds or crunchy sound.

Latest posts

Back