Triaxis "Crap" Mod on LD1 Red - anyone able to use

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChesterH

Reaction score
Hi all,

After a couple of years of frustratingly trying to tweak LD1 RED into something usable, I have finally given up after reading about the different fat/nonfat versions out there. Apparently I have the most recent version of Triaxis, without any Recto like board at all. I like to call it the "Crap Mod" because I just can't seem to do anything with it. It's just so flabby and mushy it seems useless to me.

Has anybody out there been able to tweak anything decent out of this mode? Maybe with outboard effects or even a different power amp? Would the "modern mode" on a 2:100 or 2:90 help it?

Post your settings if you have the 'crap mod' and found a setting for LD1 Red that you like....

Thanks!

I remember I got a okay grungy sound when I maxed out all the tones & gain controls, hardly any DV.... I'll edit this post later when I get home to check the settings exactly. Still not great, though.

Here's that sound on LD1 Red:

gain 8, master 7, presence 7, DV 1,
all other settings at 10!

This is the only way I could minimize the 'mush', by burying it in everything else.

Anyone else have any settings to share?

I have a V2.0 non phat, and I get a big fat sound from L1 red. Balance the highs and lows and don't completely cut all the mids, and you're cooking.
Try some of the settings from the triaxis preset editor and start from there, it'll depend on your guitar and poweramp too.

Jan

Back