Triaxis Control Switches and DC3

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gerax

Reaction score
Hello

I may as well try myself but I just wanted to shoot a quick message on the board just to know:

I'm trying to use my Triaxis in conjunction with a dual DC3 combo setup (in stereo, preamps are controlled by a GCX switcher and line mixer for FX, everything in the FX return of the DC3s).

Are the Triaxis's control switches capable to change channels and graphic EQ in/out on my DC3?

Any problems with latching/momentary setting or voltages?

Thanx

L.G.

the switches on the DC3 and triaxis are latching. you are safe using the control switches of the triaxis for the DC3's functions. :D

Thanx for the reply

I still haven't got the chance to wire it all up and try, but if you say so I'm good and my plan is about to take shape.
Now the only thing that's left is finding out if I need to modify the FX loop to serial so as to use the pre and power amp as 2 completely separate units.

L.G.

Gerax said:
Thanx for the reply

I still haven't got the chance to wire it all up and try, but if you say so I'm good and my plan is about to take shape.
Now the only thing that's left is finding out if I need to modify the FX loop to serial so as to use the pre and power amp as 2 completely separate units.

L.G.
Yes,you will need to rewire the amp to have a series loop, if you want to use them as two seperate units, and have the triaxis actually going right to the power amp of the DC3.

Actually my plan is to use both the DC preamps with different settings and the Triaxis via a Voodoo Lab GCX router, connecting each preamp to separate loops and deciding which one to use on any given patch (DC1, DC2 or Triaxis); the mono output of the GCX goes to a line mixer for parallel FXs and the L/R out of the mixer goes to the FX returns on the two DC power amps for stereo image.

In the DC manual I read that if one wants to use the combo as a simple power amp the FX return knob must be turned 100% wet; isn't this enough to guarantee a complete separation between pre and power amp?

Anyway, is the series mod difficult to perform?

Thanx

Gerax said:
Actually my plan is to use both the DC preamps with different settings and the Triaxis via a Voodoo Lab GCX router, connecting each preamp to separate loops and deciding which one to use on any given patch (DC1, DC2 or Triaxis); the mono output of the GCX goes to a line mixer for parallel FXs and the L/R out of the mixer goes to the FX returns on the two DC power amps for stereo image.

In the DC manual I read that if one wants to use the combo as a simple power amp the FX return knob must be turned 100% wet; isn't this enough to guarantee a complete separation between pre and power amp?

Anyway, is the series mod difficult to perform?

Thanx
okay, I understand what you want to do. you shouldnt take the time to mod it, since the return knob is on 100% wet, a series mod won't be 100 % series, and neither is the fx loop with the return know turned to 100%

I'm sorry, but I didn't get your point. You mean that I should modify the loop anyway?

Thanx

don't mod the loop, there really isn't a point, since turning the knob on the fx loop to 100% has the same affect as a series loop.

Latest posts

Back