Triaxis and DV question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lennyx

Reaction score
I'm pretty happy with my sound I usually have both gains on 7 or 7.5, btw this is all for a modern metal sound with humbuckers/ 7 string. Now with lead I'm kinda so so , I'm looking for more saturation and such and smoother sound, I put my presence to 0 and keep my treb also pretty low, bass o mids around 6, and I see that putting the DV to 0 also helps to smooth the sound, however on a different board I saw petrucci's 94' tour settings and he had the DV on 3. To me when I put it on 3 I get a shitload of low end, greth for rythem but for lead?

marco sfigoli says tha the uses a Tube Screamer and also agrees that thet TA lacks some sustain. ?

What you guys say?

well the settings are what sound best to your ears.....but i can tell you from personal experience that adding a tube screamer will allow you to have incredible solo sounds....the sustain is remarkable. I use the Ibanez TS 808 reissue and its great with the triaxis.

masque said:
well the settings are what sound best to your ears.....but i can tell you from personal experience that adding a tube screamer will allow you to have incredible solo sounds....the sustain is remarkable. I use the Ibanez TS 808 reissue and its great with the triaxis.

I guess if I use a od, I would need to do some more tap dancing? anyway to have it activated for a solo patch and have it off for others?

well the way i use mine is like this; i use it as both a lead and rythym additive when playing in any of the lead 1 modes, especially red and yellow. It's not wide open or anything but when kicked in it gives the triaxis that extra "oomph" and "tightness" that those modes lack in my opinion. It allows for some great "crunch" without alot of "flubbiness". When I am using the lead 2 modes I only kick in on for solos to add sustain. The lead 2 modes have plenty of definition and gain so it allows the notes to just sing out forever. I run my guitar in the pedal and then into the triaxis and just kick it on and off when necessary.

I saw petrucci's 94' tour settings and he had the DV on 3.
did you also saw his fridge???, his preset has dv 3 because with the rest of the equipment dv 3 works so fine, if you don´t have jp equipment you must to tune the dv for your equipment and purposes

marco sfigoli says tha the uses a Tube Screamer and also agrees that thet TA lacks some sustain. ?
I also used a ts9dx and sounds amazing, how much is a good sustain???' the correct sustain and guitar tecnique involves that 2 notes will not be overlap, if you overlap notes you will get a noise without any sense. I also think that triaxis needs a bit more of sustain, but when I play with my gibson les paul, all the sustain I need becomes from that great piece of wood. Remember an amplifier amplifies your input signal, if the guitar hasn´t enough sustain and the amp is generating that sustain, is a fake sound because it is achieve with electronics circuits and not with the original instrument

Latest posts

Back