Triaxis, 20/20, Cab(??)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamg

Reaction score
Hello,
An australian boogie board reader here, i don't post much but enjoy reading what happens here. I have a question and was wanting some honest opinions and maybe no silly talk :p
I recently picked up a second hand triaxis 2.0 in mint condition and also a 20/20 poweramp also in great condition for a good price. I was wondering what sort of cab to get to go along with it for the start of a basic rack setup.

So far i've been keen to get one of the oversized recto cabs from mesa but here in australia they are very very expensive, $2300 brand new. They do not come up second hand at all too often so was wondering what other cabs would bring the sound of those 2 rack pieces out for me quite well.
I'm interested in playing all sorts of music i guess, anything from nice clean sounds to very heavy metallica-ish sort of rock music. That's why the mesa cab is attractive to me but the price is a big issue for now.
Would the marshall 1960AV cab do it well for me?
I believe james hetfield still uses that cab mic'd up backstage for when metallica perform live still to this day, maybe i'm wrong.

Any opinions or good honest help would be appreciated.

As far as I know Metallica uses some sort of isolation cabs , called coffins, to mic their amps.

I use an old Peavey Vert 212 from the late 80's and it sounds great. Any decent cab with good speakers will sound great with the TA and 20/20 combo. The speakers in my cab are the celestion G12k 85 and the Eminence Governor.

The cost of Mesa stuff in your country does not warrant the expense of buying it just for the look. You could probably pay someone to clone the cab for you at a much cheaper price.

Greg

You could probably pay someone to clone the cab for you at a much cheaper price.

ok gozaima but you need at least to use the qualities of mesa boogie, get black shadows get the schematics/dimensions and of course you need wood, but not a regular wood, you need the same wood that boogie mounts on theirs cabinets, have you ever seen inside wood of a boogie cabinet??? I´m not an expertice of woods, but I could imagine that wood and that qualities aren´t cheap, once a time a compare the woods of a marshall cab and a boogie ( some clients ask me for rewire his cabinets ) on marshall cab I could do the holes with my screwdriver in the boogie cab I need the drill and some minutes until I get a hole, did you still think that cloning a cab is a save of money??? i could bet that if you take the same components qualities you will save 100 dollars and you will spend some weeks....

Latest posts

Back