Triaxis + 2:90 clip.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LnTh said:
Aramism said:
cool what kind of mic did u use? and what was the mic placement like on the cab and what kind of volume were you playing at?
SM57 pointed directly at the center of the cone but angled down.
Volume was pretty low. I don't really remember but not that much. I'd say room levels to generalize.

yea sounds great dude....

so you had it directly dead center but pointed down???? dead center at core of cone??? wow

Aramism said:
LnTh said:
Aramism said:
cool what kind of mic did u use? and what was the mic placement like on the cab and what kind of volume were you playing at?
SM57 pointed directly at the center of the cone but angled down.
Volume was pretty low. I don't really remember but not that much. I'd say room levels to generalize.

yea sounds great dude....

so you had it directly dead center but pointed down???? dead center at core of cone??? wow

Yes sir.

1)I'm sitting down right infront of the speakers facing them tweaking knobs.
2)I find a good tone.
3)I set the mic so that its on the line of sight from my eyes to the cone which is pointing down towards the center of the cone, naturally.
4) This gets me in the ball park. From there I record, listen, tweak the mic position, like angle it 1/8 inch by 1/8 inch till i get to the sweet spot.

Im no wiz in recording but this has been working for me in terms of replicating what i hear in the room.

PS: I think i got even better sound on my latest recordings. But i can't post that yet :D

Actually, I said "what the hell" and posted another clip. This time the Dynamic voice is at 7 to give me a little more scooped tone. I like it more than the first clip i posted. Lemme know what you think! (same link as the first clip btw)

+1 ...in addition to the talent ....this should dispell all of those negative opinions regarding the Triaxis/2:90, that combination is the reason I reluctantly sold my Mark IV.

Thanks guys :D Glad to prove people who talk **** about triaxis wrong 8) Well you know, everyone's entitled to their own opinion but im actually pissed at people cause i resisted the triaxis for that so colled "digital" sound. Digital my ***. This thing sounds as tube as any mesa goes. And I've had my share of Mesa's. Anyway. To each his own at the end of the day.

YES! I like clip2 too, it´s SOOOOO good!!!
That´s TUBE SOUND and NOTHING else.

Here is my Triaxis+2:90+G-force clip:
http://koti.welho.com/jhyytia5/Solo%20TEST.mp3

Just a test with drum machine and my bad bass playing :D
Solo is recorded with sm57 and sennheiser 421. Riffs are recorded only with sm57.But in future i will record them with two mics too...in studio i got some success with them...

We are recording our first demo, and i will post a new clip for you, as soon as possible

nexus said:

Solo is recorded with sm57 and sennheiser 421. Riffs are recorded only with sm57.But in future i will record them with two mics too...in studio i got some success with them...

We are recording our first demo, and i will post a new clip for you, as soon as possible
I have very different taste in solo tone but I really like those rhythm tones. Mesa character is DEFINATELY there. Only thing i'd do would be experiment with tad bit less mids. I know everyone keeps yelling "if you don't crank mids you'll get buried in the mix" but im sure there are ways around it. I'm saying it because i feel like that has a tad bit nasal quality to it. If you get rid of it it's gonna be perfect it seems. Last solo tone is pretty good.
Music is interesting too. Thumbs up!

thanks man!

let´s see how the mesa sounds with my band...
HARD WORK with tone, and it never ends :D

do you have any band projects?

nexus said:

i really liked your sounds as well....would you mind to post what settings you used for both the rhythm and solo parts?

Thanks.
there is my own topic where are the settings.

my opinion is that WE SHOULD SHARE THIS INFORMATION! and it´s´ cool how this site works :!:

lnth

can you record something showcasing the heavier side please??? if possible..

i have a road king now and am looking towards myabe getting a triaxis /2:90 also. somethign with like palm muted stuff showcasing how it handles the low end. also im curious to see how it sounds recorded with the mic so close to the center of the cone. rule of thumb is usually to keep mic offset and off axis when recording with distortion...

but hey who cares about rule of thumb...

Aramism, hey. My main purpose is to capture the sound i hear in the room when i'm recording. So i just turn the mic whatever way that gets me to my target :) I'll try to record a heavy rhythm clip but bare in mind that i never play metal or do palm mutes. I'll do my best though.

i understand...

if you could do your best.

just play like 5 palm muted chugs on the open string or something...

Aramism,
Sorry I couldnt get to recording that clip you wanted until now. I just remembered today so threw in a quick riff. Hope you like. It's in the link in the original post. Clip 4.

I also own the TA and 2:90. Would you please tell me about the programs you used on each of the clips. I would like to compare with mine. Can you recall what modes you used for each of your recordings?

Thanks

Did you buy the most recent version? I noticed your comments about recording with Lead 1 Red. Is this correct? I have the second version with the Recto in Lead 1 Red with the Phat mod. However, I don't seem to like it. I use Lead 2 green and yellow for most of my heavy tones. So if you have the most recent version I may need to upload and refuel with the newest one. Great tone!

Hi LnTh, can you tell me what serial number your triaxis is? i am currently hunting for a triaxis and am not sure whether to buy a new one without recto board or try to find an old one with the recto board non phat mod.

rickgk said:
Hi LnTh, can you tell me what serial number your triaxis is? i am currently hunting for a triaxis and am not sure whether to buy a new one without recto board or try to find an old one with the recto board non phat mod.
Omg I haven't checked this thread forever. Sorry I didn't reply to this msg. Do you still need the serial #?

For SO many years now I've been looking for "That tone". It's like a holy grail for guitarists. Today I had my new Mesa Triaxis arrive. I also had my TC Electric G-System, a Marshall EL84 20/20 power amp and 2 Palmer PAG-04 DI/Speaker simulation/Load boxes arrive.
It took me about 20 minutes to set it up how I wanted it. (No speakers as I have little space in the studio), hence the Palmer's.

WOW! that's a B**CH of a rig... Holy mother of god! It sounds amazing!

I love my MK IV for live work, but for the studio I needed total tonal variance.

NICE!

Thanks for the metal settings, they are very nice and give a real thick valve punch!

Awesome kit!

p.s. when looking for a pre amp with all, I tried Marshall, Brunetti and Mesa . . . I don't think there was any contest!

That;s why I got the Triaxis>

Latest posts

Back