TriAxis 2:90 and G Major - ANYONE HELP? Pleaseeeeee

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mercurialuk

Reaction score
Hey guys new to board but have been reading for ages, just got myself my dream rig and was wondering if any of you masterminds of the guitar world could help me out,

im after some amazing settings for leads, been watching the DT live dvd's (budokan, score) and johns solo tones are to die for, was wondering if anyone has got some settings for the 3 pieces that create amazing solo sounds?

I would really appreciate it if someone could help me out, with anyones view on lead sounds dosnt have to be exact just give me what you have!!

Thanks again guys hope to hear from you soon,

Chris

NEW RIG!! TRIAXIS 2:90 GMAJOR!!!!

Hey, the tone from the Live at the Budokan dvd sucked (IMO), the only tone that sounded decent where the songs from the Train of thought album because he used the same setup on the DVD as he did in the studio. Every other album up to TOT was recorded with the Mark IIC+

That's why if you listen to pull me under and the test that stumped them all on the Budokan it sounds really awfull.

BUT for Score, his tone is just incredible, he used the mark IIC+ throughtout that whole concert and it sounded fabulous. If you wanna nail that mark IIC+ tone, try these settings and tweek from here.

Yellow Lead 2

Gain 8.0
Treble- 8.0
Mid -2.0
bass - 4.0
LD1 -0.0
LD2 - 7.0
Mast - 5.0
Pres - 6.0
D.V - 6.0

2:90, turn the presence all the way down or really low... tell me what you think of that.. though it's more of a rhythm sound, try that out and tweek from there and get back to us!

im after some amazing settings for leads, been watching the DT live dvd's (budokan, score) and johns solo tones are to die for, was wondering if anyone has got some settings for the 3 pieces that create amazing solo sounds?

:D achieve jp sound with only a triaxis and a gmajor is maybe impossible.
JP used a lot of equipment, once a time I ask to a best of his friends if he could ask JP for his triaxis settings, he answer me that he also have the triaxis, he copy the presets into his triaxis and it doesn´t sound like JP. An amazing amp equipment, good guitars and a perfect guitar tecnique makes his own sound.
My advice is to just try to get the triaxis presets from JP on videos etc... and then modify them to your personal equipment till you get a perfect mix between a possible JP sound and the modified preset for your purposes

fatboy135 said:
Yellow Lead 2

Gain 8.0
Treble- 8.0
Mid -2.0
bass - 4.0
LD1 -0.0
LD2 - 7.0
Mast - 5.0
Pres - 6.0
D.V - 6.0

That is a triaxis preset???? did you buy a triaxis :shock: ????'

Just because I don't own one, doesn't mean I don't know about them... like I said, try it out, tell me what oyu think

what I think about???'
I think that you buy a triaxis, because you posted the parameters of a triaxis, if you don´t own a triaxis you see that presets on a JP video???' could you give us more presets??? I search a lot on the web but only get a couple of them, as I recomend before I take his parameters and just modified them to sound well on my equipment, of course at the begining that presets sounds so ugly, but with some edits I achieve good tones

fatboy135 said:
what I think about???'
I think that you buy a triaxis, because you posted the parameters of a triaxis, if you don´t own a triaxis you see that presets on a JP video???' could you give us more presets??? I search a lot on the web but only get a couple of them, as I recomend before I take his parameters and just modified them to sound well on my equipment, of course at the begining that presets sounds so ugly, but with some edits I achieve good tones

Yeah, heh, I don't have the triaxis yet, i'm still debating whether I should get one, I'm really a rack kind of guy, but the tone I'm getting from the mark IV is killer, but that should give you a pretty good JP tone, his older MARK IIC+ tone, have you tried it out yet? tell me what you think..

the triaxis is the last heritage of all mark series, it was designed thinking about it, how could mesa just get all the preamps in only one???' very easy the took the most famous circuits of each of mark I,II,III and IV and then they combined it with optoacopleurs that open and close as you desired.
Think that triaxis had the heart of the mark, the marks had several equals circuits and other not, so for that reason is able to get the common parts and then implement the other parts ( that parts are of course the most wanted of all the times ) for that reason the triaxis share most of its circuits with marks.
But remember triaxis was designed thinking on mark series but they also want to give its own personality for that reason I think that it is a mark with stereoids just to get into the rack attitude

Lol ok guys, i wasnt after a debate just some help, Nick_cor im the orginal poster, ive tried those settings thanks for your help with some tweaking like you said should sound gud,

what i was more after and reason why i posted was anyone "with" the tri, 2:90 and gmajor that have achieved some great solo tones using that specific equipment, i know its a popular combination to use, and so i was appealing more at those users who have the same equipment, if they could share some settings that have worked with them,

thanks for replying hope to get some more responces,

Chris

This is more Images and Words tone. I use a Ground Control Pro to turn on and off the individual parameters in the G Major on the Right on the Edge program. The only "stock" sound I use from that is the reverb. I also made some adjustments to the Phaser. Would love your thoughts.

DSC07386.jpg

That's a beautiful rack you got there, but if you want sweet soloing leads , try this with your g major and the settings i provided with soem tweeking of course

Delay - dual delay - 600 and 300, 30% FB and 5% FB respectively
Pitch - detune = -12 and + 12 panned hard left and right
some sort of reverb and add soem compression at the end, petrucci is a fan of delay, although you don't notice it it's on pretty much everythign he does live, it's just very subtle.. anyways rock on :twisted:

Hey thanks very much for your responces going to try them when i get home later! Look great,

Keep them comming guys!

Cheers Chris

Cool, thanks alot guys, anyone else got any settings they wouldnt mind sharing?

Thanks Chris

Latest posts

Back