Tremoverb tubes

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wadesguitar

Reaction score
Whats up all. I have a Tremoverb head factory modded with a channel boost. I have Sylvania 6L6s and a Groove tube 12AX7A in the gain stage. The rest of the tubes are factory Mesa. I am running the rectifier in silicon diode and power set to bold. I get a pretty good heavy sound out of this (nice tight bass and mids) great for chugging, but I'd like to get a little more gain out of it. Does any one have any suggestions for switching to different 6L6s or 12AX7A. I also would like to find out if some one out there makes custom footswitches for the Tremoverb? I just can't see having four different footswitches to access the effects. Everyone have a safe and Merry Christmas.

Merry Christmas all!!

Kids have unwrapped all the presents and are busy playing..... Time to take FIVE....

I had a "custom" made footswitch with 3 buttons (channel, FX, Trem). I think it was home made. I no longer have the T-verb (or the pedal), but here's a pic. Maybe you could build one yourself? Here it is:

rectofootswitch0rk.jpg

That is a nice setup. It probably wouldn't be that difficult to make with the right switches. Thanks.

Wow, never heard of anyone that needed MORE gain from a rectifier!! haha.

I built a pedal for mine that had four switches in it. You just need some stomp box switches and a box, really. I used an old Gallien Krueger pedal and ripped the guts out - it already had the switches mounted. I went a step further since I didn't want 4 cables on the floor, and didn't want to hook up 8 plugs every time I set up. So, I used a CAT5 computer cable for the pedal. Cat5 is perfect since it has 8 wires, enough for 4 circuits. Line 6 uses the same thing for their pedal. Anyway, you can get the cable at radio shack or even office depot, and just get two female connectors as well. I made a little bracket for the back of my amp to hold one female connector, then hard wired that connector to 4 regular 1/4 inch plugs for the back of the Tremoverb. Then on the pedal, you wire the other female connector to the four switches. It helps to have a basic understanding of electricity, and a multimeter to check the circuits. I think I had about $10 worth of parts, a $20 cable, and an afternoon in it. Worked great! I eventually upgraded to a GCX/Ground Control Pro since I needed midi to change some other outboard gear anyway.

Latest posts

Back