Tremoverb owners, please help me get started!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Max

Reaction score
After playing on a Pod Xt for about 2 years, I decided to take the giant leap and buy a tube amp. There was no doubt in my mind that it would have to be a Mesa Boogie;)
After reading so many great reviews of the tremoverb (combo), I bought a secondhand one.

The thing is since i've never owned a tube amp before, I'm having a tough time dialing in som killer tones that i am satisfied with. If anyone could help me out with some settings I would really appereciate it.

You have to give us your guitar style and your influences and what you are trying to achieve: Classic Rock, Metal, Hard Rock ... etc ...

Trem-o-Verb has two channel each with two modes not to mentioned the "Bold / Sponge" switch and back and included "Silicon / Tube" rectifier selection.

Very versatile.

The downloadable manuals on the Mesa sight are quite helpfull, especially the parts on sweet spots within the amp!

RR said:
You have to give us your guitar style and your influences and what you are trying to achieve: Classic Rock, Metal, Hard Rock ... etc ...

Trem-o-Verb has two channel each with two modes not to mentioned the "Bold / Sponge" switch and back and included "Silicon / Tube" rectifier selection.

Very versatile.

Yeh, sorry about that..
Guitar style is Rock, Hard Rock and Metal.

My biggest influence is John Petrucci from Dream Theater. If i can get anyway near his tone i'd be a happy camper. :mrgreen:

My favorite was channel 2 with the switch in the back flipped to "red to Vintage".

Channel 2
Setting are in the o'clock referrence using a hot humbucker.
* Set channel 2 to Modern (which is now actually Vintage)
* Gain 3:00
* Trebble 12:00
* Mids 11:00
* Bass 9:00 - 11:00
* Pres 11:00

Channel 1
Set to clean
* Gain 11:00
* Trebble 11:00
* Mid 10:00
* Bass 11:00
* Pres 10:30
This will have a slight bite to it when you dig in to it, so you may want to turn the gain down a little.

Those are my 2 favorite settings, try those out. I basically have my Road King set up the same way, you can hear how it sounds at www.guitartest.moonfruit.com and go to the Road King clip page and it's the top one. Vintage with the tube rectifire and about the same settings above for channel 2.

Back