TREMOVERB COMBO VS HEARTBREAKER COMBO

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TremoFan

Reaction score
which is the better amp? i have a tremoverb and would kill to protect it, but lately started reading up on the heartbreaker and was just wondering which of the two was the better amp. seems like the heartbreaker might have a few more options (including spring reverb) just wanting to hear some opinions.

The Heartbreaker has better cleans, but that's about as far as the Heartbreaker goes. The T-verb is a great sounding amp, and they hold their value pretty good too. I recently tried to trade my Road King for a Tremoverb and the guitar shop I was at would only give me $100 plus my amp for the T-verb becasue they went off the blue book value and the T-verb was only $50 less than a Road King (both 2x12 combos)...... I wonder if that's a type-O?

well i know thant i love my trem o verb it really is and amazing amp. you really can make this amp sound like anything you want. i just was thinking about adding to the family and looking at some options

i don't really know why people can't get a great clean out of a Tremoverb, because i am a Fender Blackface lover and i can get 90 % of that sound out of a Tverb.

And the One i had and even the new one i have get me great cleans, to the point that i had a friend who graduated from Berklee and only plays Fender amps last week and his jaw dropped to the floor when i showed him my Tverb, it could also have to do with the cab i am using it.

It is an oversized 2x12 Bogner

MAN I HAVE GREAT CLEANS AND GREAT HEAVIES OUT OF MINE. ALL AROUND MY TVERB IS AN AMAZING AMP. I PRETTY SURE THAT THE 2 VINTAGE 30's ARE A KEY FACTOR IN IT'S SOUND. FROM AN AC30 TO MARSHALL TONES TO METAL AND BACK TO BLUES IT CAN DUE WHAT EVER YOU NEED IT TO DO

TremoFan said:
MAN I HAVE GREAT CLEANS AND GREAT HEAVIES OUT OF MINE. ALL AROUND MY TVERB IS AN AMAZING AMP. I PRETTY SURE THAT THE 2 VINTAGE 30's ARE A KEY FACTOR IN IT'S SOUND. FROM AN AC30 TO MARSHALL TONES TO METAL AND BACK TO BLUES IT CAN DUE WHAT EVER YOU NEED IT TO DO

You are right on the spot there!!!!!!!Great Amp

Although I've had a minor problem with my HB, it has a real magic that I've yet to find in any other Mesas (although I have not tried an RK II)
The thing about the HB is that it take alot of time to figure out, but once I started to hone in, It took my playing to another level-I think the HB is the most underated and one of the best Mesas ever.

Are you using boogie tubes to get those great cleans out of the T-verb or something else ? JJ ? Tung-Sol ?

Latest posts

Back