• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Tremoverb and Lonestar Opinions Wanted

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TremoJem

Reaction score
Which is more iconic or of more value to the community?

Is a mint Tremoverb worth more than a mint Lonestar 100 watter?

I am just wondering, because the Tremoverb in mint condition is harder to find and according to the members is a very distinctive amp among the rectifiers.

And yet the Lonestar is in a league of it's own with regards to tone, especially clean and classic rock...not earth shattering hi-gain.

Also I think that it might be fair to say there are more mint Lonestar 100 watt combos out there.

What are your thoughts.

Oh, and is it possible for FJA Mods to really make a Tremoverb sound closer to a Fender clean without losing much of the hi-gain?

I have heard of this, but don't see how that is possible, as the two channels are really only one channel, so what ever you do to adjust the clean, will most likely have an effect on the hi-gain.

Thank you for your responses.

Your question is really not clear. What is your purpose for asking about "iconic" or "value to the community"?

Are you trying to figure out what to pay or charge for these amps? Are you looking for better tone? Are you estimating the elusive "collectibility" (i.e. future value)?

The amps themselves can hardly be compared on any basis, as they are completely different.

Sorry for any confusion.

Yes, I am wondering what the board thinks of these two amps with regards to monetary value and personal opinion.

I agree, they are completely different.

I have two Tremoverbs and have been watching the resale value or Ebay auctions since I purchased my first one.

They have gone up and down...go figure.

But, more importantly, I often read how owners consistently praise them for being unique, and how others who don't own them praise them and lust for them.

I want a Lonestar and am just now trying to get a read on what owners and others feel about them.

Just curious...that's all.

I will change my "post" title to better reflect what I am looking for.

In that case, then my opinion is:

1. The tverbs are getting long in the tooth and there are enough of them around that I expect the long-term demand to drop, and with that the price. There is also a good chance that there could be a tverb reborn if there is enough perceived market.

2. The Lonestars seem to be a quite popular workhorse. Given their quality and flexibility, I expect there to be reasonably constant demand for quite a few years. I also think that there is a lot of sales volume for new units, so even if the model becomes discontinued, there will be enough in the wild such that the value will not appreciate. I think they could hold their value quite well, though.

I'd put both firmly into the "non-collectible workhorse" category. The only Mesas I am aware of with anything close to collectibility are Mark I and IIC+. And even then, it's not like you can get enough for one to buy a new house. There are far better investments out there. Unless and until there is a watershed moment with a Mesa (like MOP), there will not be a new collectible model. Even the pre-500 rectos are not terribly valuable.

Thanks Elvis.

That was concise and informative.

Just what I was looking for.

Latest posts

Back