Trem-O-Verb VS Roadster....

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GuitarGuy503

Reaction score
Trem-O-Verb VS Roadster... How do they compare tonally?>> Clean and Dirty. I've heard alot of good things about the Tverbs and may pick one up used someday. Any input appreciated... :)

I'm sure some here have/had both and will have more info, but I intensely shopped both of these when making my purchase a while back and am beyond satisfied with my T-Verb choice.
Both are great amps with lots of flexibility...but for me....the T-Verb is WAY easier to dial up great tones fast. Much like the Mark series...the Roadster seemed to have too many variables between my wants and what comes out of the speakers.
Both can achieve most anything you'll need....but in situations where the venue, P.A., bass tones, the weather...or whatever...has us guitarists tweaking a bit to suit the situation...I choose to enjoy the T-Verbs simpler & quicker interface to master the moment. (& maybe I'm crazy...but it just seems to have more automatic mojo)

The TVerb had more upper middle range and is a brighter amp, where the roadster is like the dual's which has lower midrange and is alot darker then the duals and the Tverbs.

If you want to make sure you cut through the TVerb is the way to go, not that you wont cut with a roadster, but the TVerb will slice through alot better.

Versatility the roadster is the obvious choice.

For cleans, they both have great cleans. The Tverbs is thicker than the roadster. IMO the Tverbs clean feels and plays better. For high gain, as said before, the tverb has more upper mid bite and the roadster is the darkest of all rectos. The roadster has alot more gain on tap too. The tverb has a tighter and more controled lowend then the roadster. Its probably the tightest of all rectos but still packs that recto wallup.

Me personally, I favor the upper mids and tighter bottom of the tverb.

The two are fairly different from each other but still cover that classic recto sound. Just different flavors.

As I said Id choose a Tverb. Plus a Tverb goes for much less than a roadster at the moment. But the roadster also give you a lot more versatility. I guess it depends on your needs

Latest posts

Back