TREM-O-VERB problem, still

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would love to be able to tell you a quick easy fix, but I can't. If you are not a tech and the simple tube swaps don't clear it up...I really think it is best to have someone qualified go through it and figure it out. Why risk damaging it more? It could end up getting really expensive on ya.

hmph, alright, well there are only a couple of autorized repairs places in my state, the one closest charges $60 an hour, is that way too much? or should I shop around and get quotes even if their at non authrozied places?

Most people I have dealt with charge by the job, not necessarily the hour. They might charge a flat fee to even open the amp to diagnose, but often that rolls into the total cost of parts and labor if/when you give them the go ahead to fix it.

Sounds like and LDR is not switching channels. Mesa used about 20 of them in the DR and TOV designs. I would give Mesa a call just to see if this is a common issue with the TOV before I dump cash on some tech.

There is a common issue that Mesa had placed a tech bulletin on here:

http://www.tubefreak.com/tremvrb6.gif

It sounds like an optocoupler / LDR is not switching. From the schematics it could be 1,2,9 and 10 not switching channels or 17 and 18 not switching tonestacks.

Call Mesa, just to educate yourself and not get ripped off by some guy changing a $ 7.00 LDR and selling you a new choke for $ 300.00. It's like cars. If you dont know what is wrong a mechanic can fix one wire and tell you he replace the whole wiring harness. There is good and bad in everyone.

Please note that these are very difficult circuit boards with two sided traces and all types of components in the switching matrix. I would do enough research and find a seriously qualified Mesa technician. One wrong move and you can lift a circuit pad or damage the pad on the bottom of the board and then your into some serious trouble shooting.

Latest posts

Back