Trem-O-Verb early serial?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GreatWhite

Reaction score
I saw a '97 Trem-O-Verb on Craig's list, bearing the serial R-009527:

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/msg/226916341.html

I saw yet another Trem head on the net with serial R-003144. I assume this is a earlier than '97 model, but by how much? When did they start making the Tremoverb head, and at what rate pr. year :?:

THX and regards, GW

... that looks just like mine. I'm not sure when I purchased mine ...[image courtesy from the craigslist site]
MESA1.jpg

BUt macmax's image of his Trem-o-Verb and he has a front vent simliar to a Dual Rectifier that looks pretty cool. Not sure what year his is. [courtesy of macmax whether he likes it or not heh, heh]
Picture7.jpg

RR said:
... that looks just like mine. I'm not sure when I purchased mine ...[image courtesy from the craigslist site]
MESA1.jpg

BUt macmax's image of his Trem-o-Verb and he has a front vent simliar to a Dual Rectifier that looks pretty cool. Not sure what year his is. [courtesy of macmax whether he likes it or not heh, heh]
Picture7.jpg

hahaahhahaha, i am here only to help, hehehehehe.
I am sure the ones with the pointed knobs, if i can call them that were from the last years the Tremoverbs were produced.

I will have the amp you saw there on tuesday, just bought it and i truly hope it is an old one.
I will change some things to make it look like this:
tremo-wheat.jpg

On another note, this was my most beloved friend, my old Tremoverb:

Tremoverb.jpg

temoverbback.jpg

But i moved and i had to sell it with LITERALLY tears in my eyes.
The friend that bought it from me was playing it and suddently he stopped and went home, he knew i was about to collapse on the floor, hehehhehehe.
It is the only time in my life that a material thing made me weep.

That was a 93-94 combo, i still love it and someday i will get it back!

Koprofag said:
It is the only time in my life that a material thing made me weep.
I feel your pain. Sold my Marshall DSL401 to get my Mesa. Yeah, it was a crappy amp.. got overheated, never really had the tone.. but I got it when I was 17. It was my first amp. I used it in my final project and several other songs. It was a piece of personal history, and up to this day I remember the day when I carried her to the store, felt shame because I was discussing her price in front of her.. and then left her there on the floor. I had barely touched her. She was in pristine condition and I'm sure some filthy f%&# has taken her innocence by now. :cry:

man, it is hard! :( :cry:

4nkam, are we looking at -94 model, is that what's written on the component? In that case, a serial around 3000 would most likely come from 93-94 I guess.

THX for the pictures guys, beautiful amps in mint condition. :) What is the common price to pay for a mint 93-94 Tremo head in USA these days? Are they hard to find?

-GW-

1100-1200 would be like the price, but yes , they are somewhat hard to find.

4nkam said:
Yep, there's two dates written in mine. One from June 1994 and the other from August 1994.

mJ

i think your amp is a lemon, please send it to me!!! :D

hal9000 said:
Well, macmax, you convinced me. I just finalized the deal for this '93 T-verb:

hal9000_Blonde_Tremoverb_Head.jpg

why are your amps always hotter looking than mine, why?????????? :D

maxmac:

Why did you post the Trem-o-Verb image with the front vent?

Now it haunts me, that front vent looks cool. I checked MESA website see if they sell it as an accessory but to no avail.

hal9000 said:
macmax said:
LOL! I'm just lucky in this case. But, when you're done with the new T-verb, I should think it will give my Blondy a run for it's money. :)

Hal:

Nothing is glued or velcroed in mine.

There are only 4 screws and the front grille is easily dismounted or mounted

macmax said:
hal9000 said:
macmax said:
LOL! I'm just lucky in this case. But, when you're done with the new T-verb, I should think it will give my Blondy a run for it's money. :)

Hal:

Excellent! Well, that makes it a lot easier. What about the metal grill with the Mesa Badge? How is that connected to the rest of the panel?

hal9000 said:
macmax said:
hal9000 said:

Hal:

Excellent! Well, that makes it a lot easier. What about the metal grill with the Mesa Badge? How is that connected to the rest of the panel?

with the 2 very small screws that you see to the sides of the badge that reads Mesa Engineering.

I was about to leave it with the small badge look covering the whole metal grille, but if i trie to remove the little screws i will have to paint them again and i am going to leave it as it is, no more moding, so it is going to be, wheat, THANKS TO YOU!!!, and the big metal grille.

I don't know , i think i prefer the small logo look more than the Vent , hehehheheh.

Anyway, my amp is done today, without the Vent, cause i really can't decide if i put in the Small Mesa Badge or the Whole vent, hehehhehe

Thanks To Hal 9000 that helped me out with this mod, heheheheh

Latest posts

Back