Traxis + Behringer FCB1010

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

filth

Reaction score
Hi,

i have problems controlling Volume with the expression pedals of the fcb1010:

I configured the pedals to work and to controll master volume -- they do so BUT when the pedal is fully closed (suggested volume = 0) my triaxis goes over Master 0 and lands at master 10 or 9.5. Same when opening the pedal -- triaxis goes over 10 and lands at 1 or 2.

Any ideas, what is going wrong there?

Thanks

id first recalibrate the expression pedal, i believe the manual for hte fcb1010 has the instructions in it. when i had the fcb1010 i hadnt gotten around to setting up the expression pedals, then the moving company lost it. now i use a crappy digitech control8 which i've had nothing but troubles trying to achieve the same function youre going for.

i was also using 1010 to control triaxis..and having similar problems..it would reach max volume at only 80% of pedal and the first 20% wouldn't do anything...i calibrated it (can't remember how..i don't have it or manual anymore)..i even got another guy around with his 1010 and we calibrated his and it was still the same...i was thinking of messing with the actual insides of the pedal but got a g system instead..don't have the controller pedals for that yet but hopefully it will work better..the 1010 did work fine with the triaxis but full range of pedals wasn't there..by the way the other guy had the same problem with his and a line 6..sorry i couldn't help.

also check the version of the chip on the 1010, the earlier version had many issues and can be fixed by just swapping the chips.

quick copy and paste of an article i found online about the version issue:
The "brain" inside the FCB is a small firmware chip. This firmware chip controls basic options and operations. The current version of this chip is 2.5.1E (or later). Many FCB units are sold with an older firmware chip installed. If your unit has a firmware chip earlier than 2.3, then you should probably consider getting an upgrade chip from Behringer. Behringer will generally provide these as no cost to you. Firmware earlier than 2.3 had problems with some FCB functions.

just take the main panel off the bottom, its like 10 screws and pretty easy. inside its hard to miss the chip in question, its pretty obvious.

Back