Traditional Recto Cab Not Working Properly w/ Mark IV

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nistcm

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have an issue trying to hook up a 4x12 traditional recto cab to the mark iv. I have it hooked up from 8ohm out of the amp to 8ohm into the cab. The problem is, only the two left speakers are working... Anybody have any ideas? I just replaced a randall cab with this used cab and it sounds like I am going to have to return it to the store...

Thanks,
T

you bought it new?
post a picture of the wiring.
it should have 1 8 ohm input, and 2 4 ohn inputs on the back, and all 8 ohm vintage 30's inside.
did you take the back off and have a look at whats happening in there?

that would be my first move before i even plugged it in if you bought it used.
cause you never know...

Yeah it's used... brought it home and plugged it in. The cabinet has the same input jacks you described..

nistcm said:
Yeah it's used... brought it home and plugged it in. The cabinet has the same input jacks you described..

so open it up and take a look. 2 of the speakers might not be hooked up, or who knows.
you always have to take the back off of used cabs because like i said, you never know.
i've learned that the hard way.

As a follow up... Took the input jack plate off and two of the naked wires were touching. Not sure how that happened, but the wires have been separated and the cab sounds great w/ all four speakers rolling.

Latest posts

Back