Trade Nomad for DC-5 ??????

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kenkelso

Reaction score
I have a Nomad 100 2x12 Combo and other than it's weight being equal to an aircraft carrier I am pleased with it's tone and versatility. It's my first and only Mesa.........A friend of a friend wants to trade me a DC-5 head and 2x12 halfback cab with road cases straight up for the Nomad. Both rigs are in excellent condition. A little research says that $ wise this would be a good trade for me as well as adding years to my hernia free life. I play a telecaster clean and crunchy. What will I miss or be pleasantly surprised by with the DC-5. Thanks in advance for any feedback.

I too had a Nomad 100 combo, 2nd Mesa I ever owned, then went to a DC-5. For me it was a great change. I bought the Nomad because I thought having 3 channels would be great but the tone and weight never thrilled me. The DC amps to me are easy to get great tone from and very versatile. I don't miss the Nomad at all. And a DC-5 head with separate cab is a great way to go. My first DC was the DC-5 combo. Though I wanted a head they were harder to come by but I lucked out and found a DC-10 head locally so I bought it.

My opinion is make the trade before he changes his mind.

Made the trade last night. WOW......after only an hour of just getting familiar with it it's looking like I can get all I need out of the clean channel. My Tele has very hot pups that I keep almost touching the strings, with a little pick attack it goes from sweet to overdrive and I get to keep both feet on the ground! (not a pedal or footswitch fan) Thanks for your response.

Congratulations. I like the lead channel a lot but the clean channel is really nice. There is a lot of tweaks you can do just adjusting the mid control on the clean channel. I usually set my clean gain with the mid around 3 to where it is clean but on the verge of breaking up. Then I'll boost the mid but a little hair. Between the GEQ and different gain stages you can cover a lot of ground.

What kind of speakers are in the cabinet?

Latest posts

Back