TR vs ROADSTAR??

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

downtuned_kaiyes

Reaction score
HI ALL....after saving up for a year finally gonna get either a roadstar or Tripple rectifier but dont know which one. my guitars are downtuned to C or A and I only play riffs so not thinking anything about playing lead. GODSMACK , DISTURBED, BURY YOUR DEAD could be mentioned to indicate the type of tone im after. i know this is a very old question but i couldnt find the specific answer in the past threads.

so TR ? r roadstar??

cheers in advance!!

you want the modern amps forum. though for that tone with a 7 string I'd recommend a mark IV over a Roadster or triple rec

Either one will get the job done nicely. If given the choice I'd take the roadster over the TR, so the choice is really- 3 channels or 4? They are voiced a little different, but you can make either one sound like the other one, but the roadster has a couple added modes to it. Have fun with whichever one you get.

ive owned both and both will give you what your looking for.... i prefer the roadster not because its what i have now but i feel like the voicings are a little better..... they are very similar to the 2 channel rectos from the early-mid 90's which among recto owners sound the best (my TR was from 93 and sounded amazing).... the roadster to me sounds like the 2 channel rectos but you get a much better clean channel, reverb, and just more versatility all around..... if your just looking for a great heavy channel and dont care about the cleans then maybe a 2 channel DR or TR because you'll spend less on them than a roadster..... if you want versatility, a great clean channel, reverb, and 2 more channels go with the roadster... believe me if you want to cover a lot of ground in one amp go for a roadster or a road king because you can do just about anything with them

Latest posts

Back