Total n00b question - Embarassing!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Herbie the Rad Dorklift

Reaction score
Now this is embarassing, but I've read conflicting articles on the internet.

HOW TO TURN ON YOUR TUBE AMP.

On my Mark IV, is it Tweed/Full Power then Standby? Or Standby then I choose which power setting I want?

:oops:

Haha, don't worry dude, don't be embarassed, if I let out my first Mark IV stories :p

Basically switch to your power setting be it Full or Tweed
Then wait just over 30 second to a minute and then switch from Standby to ON and there you go!
Amp is ready to play on :)

That's what I've been doing for the past 3 Tube amps! Phew lol.

I just read somewhere that it was the other way around (I think...article was confusing!)

Haha, thanks then :p

Herbie the Rad Dorklift said:

I just read somewhere that it was the other way around (I think...article was confusing!)

Make sure you do the same in reverse when you turn it off.. let your amp chill in standby for a minute or two before switching it off.

Platypus said:
Herbie the Rad Dorklift said:

Make sure you do the same in reverse when you turn it off.. let your amp chill in standby for a minute or two before switching it off.
Yeh, I know what I'm doing, I just got confused with mixed messages!

Wasnt there just a topic here about shutting down, that most people said you can just turn it off?

Personally I like to put it into standby just to stop signal flow, otherwise it pops if i just turn it off, and i dont like doing that to the speakers.

You can turn it all off in one go, there's no harm.
The only reason you have to warm up in standby is to let the heaters in the tubes warm the tubes up a bit. It's really hard on the tubes to go from a cold-start to having many hundreds of volts flowing through them with no warmup time.

Latest posts

Back