Tool Sound - This is what I've got.. any help?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First off the sound quality sounded a little trebly, could have been the mic on the camera. I think it would help if you posted the settings. What effects were running outside of the wah out front?

Another thing I'm curious about was the volume of the clip. Cranking it more I think would have gotten you closer. For AJ newer stuff with a DR I've found EL34's with a tube screamer out front compresses it very nicely.

Sounded close for a 3CH DR though. I think you just need a little tweaking with the amp and more volume. I'm assuming your using stock Mesa tubes, which I've always thought sounded a little harsh.

Was that a guild s-100? Stock pickups? Remember AJ used a SD JB in the bridge. Kudos if it was I love those things. Great guitars!

I did actually switch the the tubes a while ago to the El34s. I dont run any other effects out the front besides the wah.. I find it kinda kills the tone if I do. I set the settings on the amp close to a picture I saw of Adam Jones' Diezel amp.. where the middle was cranked and the treble was fairly high.. on his the bass was high as well. .but I find if you put the bass high on the DR it just sounds chunky. Im just using the regular pickups that come with an SG 62 reissue.. but my dad was in the states not long ago, and picked up a used Les Paul Silverburst for me (I had to pay of course), and I heard about the pickups he used, so Im going to have them switched.. I think Im just an adam jones wannabe.. this happened before though... when I was obsessive over System Of A Down and copied everything Daron Malakian used.. it's really bin hard on my paychecks ><

Latest posts

Back