Took the plunge - im now a boogie owner. *now with pics*

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darkmavis

Reaction score
well guys i went to see the amp today (dc10) and lumped down 700 big ones on my first mesa boogie! first thing i noticed is this thing cant be played quiet!! the guy i bought it off has had it for 10 years and only used it for 2, i will take pics to show you how mint it is. it still has its hang tags and evrything. been playing around at home to try to get some decent sounds (cant play it loud enough though) and was wondering if theres any resources for the dc10 that i can look at to get a good general idea of where to find my tone heven :mad:)

Update. here are the pics - oh and how can i date it? cheers!

P1010023.jpg

P1010018.jpg

P1010022.jpg

P1010021.jpg

Definitely read the manual. Read it twice in fact. The controls on Mesa amps are VERY interactive but once you get the hang of it you'll be in tone heaven! I just moved to a mark IV but gigged regularly with a DC-10 Head for about a year and a half. GREAT amp!!!! I miss mine already. :(

Look under the chassis in front of the transformer for the serial number. Call Mesa with that serial number and ask them to tell you when it was made. They should be able to at least give you an approximation.

Looks nice!

Don't know if you're aware, but, if you leave both red tags on the right side of the handle like that, it's a secret signal that your gay and looking. Or is it earrings? I forget.

For some reason, they treat the DC's like ugly step children.

George Mueller is the DC guy, but he can't answer many questions about the footswitch. There were too many versions.

The serial # on mine is 99. It takes the footswitch on the right, with the EQ on the front footswitch jack. Try it and see if it works. If not, try the back one.

I never turn the Reverb off, I just set it and forget it, so I never use the jack on the back.

These are really great amps. I chose mine over my old Mark IV. It was not an easy choice, but after about 2 hours of A/Bing them, the DC mopped the floor with the Mark because it was so much easier to dial in a great tone and there wasn't a ton of useless crap on the DC. The Mark is great, but I was able to get almost every sound out of the DC and the Cleans were warmer in the DC.

$700 was a score too!

Latest posts

Back