Took back the Express 5:50 and got the F-50

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
polaris20 said:
NuSkool, have you had a chance to record some clips with the F-50 to match your Express clips?
I already got the F50 (it's sitting in a box at my house) but it'd be interesting to hear a direct comparison.

Not yet, been finishing off mixing a previous project and trying to get a new band off the ground. Soon though.

ashjn said:
Is there a big difference between the 5 and the 50 watt settings? Or is the 5 still really loud for home playing?

The 5 watt mode is more manageable for at home volumes. It can be fairly loud, if you crank it, however, you'll be able to get some tube breakup at fairly reasonable volume levels. Probably 9-10 decibels less, as a rough estimate.

I can play my F-50 at home, however, to push the power tubes, the volume level is going to certainly be at "irritate my other half" volumes, especially on channel 2. Add contour, add "accessory to murder!" Well, at least that's the case at my place. She just doesn't appreciate the feeling of pant legs flapping in the wind. :lol:

F-50 Comparison clip is UP! Mentioned in my other thread my recording skills probably aren't capturing the whole difference, but I think it's obvious the F-50 has more BALLS for this application.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=662903

Back